“What a great place!!”

Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
New York
“What a great place!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in mid July.

What a great little place. Although tucked away in a seemingly warehouse area, short walk to many nice bars and restaurants. Subway not too far either.

The front desk was wonderfully helpful. Great cookies and lemonade every day!! They helped with car service and with information for dinner ideas. We didn't go to the continental breakfast that is offered. The back patio looked very inviting although we did not go out there.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. Didn't expect a microwave, fridge, a sink and a few dishes either. What a nice suprise. Balcony on side of the building was nice. The balcony door lock was a bit tricky though.

Would definately recommend this hotel if you want to stay outside of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Tuili,

My staff and I are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found quite a few great options of bars and restaurants (and subways) within a short walk.

Our front desk works tirelessly to provide top level concierge service to our guests and I know they are going to be extremely happy when they see your comments. Our signature cookies and lemonade are a major hit in NYC, I am glad you enjoyed them! Next time be sure to check out our continental breakfast, you won't regret it.

Thank you for expressing such accurate and positive feedback about our rooms and beds being very clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. I am sure being surprised with our standard suite-like kitchenette which includes a microwave, fridge and sink (as well as our balconies) was a real nice perk!

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Be sure to contact our hotel directly for your next booking so that we can give you our best rates.

Condor Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
London
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We (my partner and I) stayed 4 nights at the Condor, having been let down last-minute on an AirBnB stay in Manhattan. I wanted somewhere quiet and this was definitely quiet. The standard room was larger than I expected and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is standard, basic stuff, but included in the price and it's important that it's provided as there is nowhere on the doorstep. Above all what was good - and necessary in Brooklyn - is that the staff were super helpful in arranging transport and giving any other recommendations, and they were all friendly.

The downside is the location in that it is a 15-minute walk to the nearest subway and that is on a slow line, and yellow cabs are not available off the street. However, if you are happy either walking or using cars that the hotel arranges (not expensive), then this is not a problem. The area is fascinating and I just wish I had had more time to explore Brooklyn rather than having to go into Manhattan for meetings etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking valuable time out of your busy day to express such positive feedback about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed what all of our other guests enjoy and that is clean, quiet, large, comfortable and modern rooms. I am also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well as our extremely helpful staff. Next time you join us be sure to ask our front desk staff for some amazing restaurant suggestions starting just up the street from our hotel.

Thanks again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Condor is a little 35 room boutique hotel in Brooklyn. Our son & his fiance booked the room for us- we had no idea what to expect. It is a very efficient use of space. Lobby is very modern & pretty. We looked out on the back patio, but did not use it. The back lounge was also attractive, but we only used it very briefly. The complimentary lemonade at check in was very refreshing.
We, too got an unexpected up grade to the fifth floor suite- very nice. clean, modern & efficient. Bed was fantastic, featuring two half-comforters with duvets but no topsheet (had not seen this before, but spotlessly clean & fresh). Bathroom was a full modern upgrade with a whirlpool tub, rain shower head and a vent fan (a pet peeve of mine is lack of ventilation in most hotels now days). Lighting, curtains & wall treatments were very modern, attractive, and convenient. The green friendly card system was a pleasant surprise and very easy to use.
Security was no issue whatsoever. The room doors were attractively styled steel and there was an in-room safe (we did not feel a need to use it).
Continental breakfast was complimentary. The guidelines for Kosher were readily accessible and easily understood. Hot choices were limited to do-it-yourself waffles, oatmeal, or toast.
Staff was friendly, courteous and eager to meet our every need. We will definitely return to this undiscovered gem on our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Not necessary- all rooms are equally great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and accurate depiction of our establishment which can give future guests a real clear idea of what they can be excited about here at the Condor! We look forward to seeing you again soon and encourage you to book directly for our best rates.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Condor twice now - and again, I have had a wonderful experience.
Do not let the location daunt you. It is tucked away on a quiet little street. "Quiet" is good when you want to actually sleep. If you're there to get drunk and party like a frat boy, then this probably isn't the place for you.
The rooms are of good size and impeccably clean. The beds are very comfy, sheets are clean and super soft. Water pressure is good - large shower heads - nice.
The hotel is smaller, and very well maintained. Several of the rooms have a little patio which is nice.
The continental breakfast is quite substantial and the food is fresh & plentiful.
The staff goes above and beyond to treat you very well. John, Andrew & mgr David were extremely helpful and courteous. John even offered to return a bike that I had rented..
The rest of the staff is very sweet and helpful. I was treated royalty here and I will continue to stay here when I need to be in Brooklyn. I cannot recommend this place enough! Can't remember the last time a hotel mgr actually made a point of introducing himself and ensuring my needs were met. Their customer service is more than outstanding a+.

Room Tip: Just make sure to specify if you want a King or room with two twins. I've stayed in 3 different...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello K H,

Thank you for taking valuable time out of your busy day to list off all of the things you enjoyed at our hotel. My staff is so happy that they were able to deliver a 5 star stay. I am really happy that you enjoyed the location, beds, shower, breakfast, balcony and our customer service.

We can't wait to see you again,

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We (my husband and I) stayed one night at the Condor recently (July 4th weekend) and was very pleased to find such a quality hotel in Brooklyn, NY for a reasonable price. We were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a suite when we checked in -- very unexpected and pleasing. The suite was very clean, modern and comfortable and decorated very tastefully. The hotel is located in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn which is safe even if the area does not scream that in appearance. How do I know that the neighborhood is safe, my daughter lives within walking distance of the hotel and has lived in this area for 8 years. She walks to and from the metro at all hours of the day and has never had an incident with her safety. The staff was very courteous and the plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that welcomed guests on arrival was a nice touch. Parking was a non issue, because we were there during the July 4th weekend and there were very few cars on the street due to a Jewish holiday. Thanks to this, we were able to park free of charge. My only suggestion for improvement would be related to the breakfast menu. The addition of hot protein items such as scrambled eggs / bacon would be much appreciated. Currently the only source of protein that I could see was yoghurt. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when next I am in Brooklyn and require accommodation. Thanks for a great experience.

Dear LadyJ,

Your extensive and kind review is extremely appreciated and gives our future guest a real good idea about what we focus on here at the Condor. I am glad you found our hotel to be a great value. Our housekeeping staff is elated that you noticed their fine and meticulous job. Our staff and breakfast attendant are also very happy that they were able to deliver a 5 star stay to you! The fresh cookies are the work of our breakfast attendant. Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding breakfast. We recently upgraded and continue to work towards offering more and more.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't know where these people complaining about the location are from, but there is plenty to do within walking distance of this place. And if you need to get somewhere further, it's not too far from the subway.

The rooms were immaculate and cleaned every day. The only (small) problem was that the bathroom faucet wasn't secured to the sink. A minor annoyance, really. It still worked.

I enjoyed my stay at the Condor and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Wes,

Thank you for spending your vacation with us and for writing a very nice review. I am glad you found our location to be very convenient as well as close to public transportation and restaurants. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the loose faucet while you were here as that gave us the opportunity to fix it immediately.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is a handsome vessel; nice room, comfortable bed, modern bathroom, decent continental breakfast. Location is a bit random; in the middle of a gritty business district. The room prices reflect the location. Other Brooklyn hotels like the Wythe and King and Grove have better locations, but this place has the better price (and better breakfast than King and Grove).

Note, there is no restaurant or bar inside the hotel, so you have to venture out into the neighborhood for food and drink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon! Make sure to call us directly for our best rates.