“Great July 4th Stay at the Condor”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We (my husband and I) stayed one night at the Condor recently (July 4th weekend) and was very pleased to find such a quality hotel in Brooklyn, NY for a reasonable price. We were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a suite when we checked in -- very unexpected and pleasing. The suite was very clean, modern and comfortable and decorated very tastefully. The hotel is located in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn which is safe even if the area does not scream that in appearance. How do I know that the neighborhood is safe, my daughter lives within walking distance of the hotel and has lived in this area for 8 years. She walks to and from the metro at all hours of the day and has never had an incident with her safety. The staff was very courteous and the plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that welcomed guests on arrival was a nice touch. Parking was a non issue, because we were there during the July 4th weekend and there were very few cars on the street due to a Jewish holiday. Thanks to this, we were able to park free of charge. My only suggestion for improvement would be related to the breakfast menu. The addition of hot protein items such as scrambled eggs / bacon would be much appreciated. Currently the only source of protein that I could see was yoghurt. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when next I am in Brooklyn and require accommodation. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear LadyJ,

Your extensive and kind review is extremely appreciated and gives our future guest a real good idea about what we focus on here at the Condor. I am glad you found our hotel to be a great value. Our housekeeping staff is elated that you noticed their fine and meticulous job. Our staff and breakfast attendant are also very happy that they were able to deliver a 5 star stay to you! The fresh cookies are the work of our breakfast attendant. Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding breakfast. We recently upgraded and continue to work towards offering more and more.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't know where these people complaining about the location are from, but there is plenty to do within walking distance of this place. And if you need to get somewhere further, it's not too far from the subway.

The rooms were immaculate and cleaned every day. The only (small) problem was that the bathroom faucet wasn't secured to the sink. A minor annoyance, really. It still worked.

I enjoyed my stay at the Condor and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello Wes,

Thank you for spending your vacation with us and for writing a very nice review. I am glad you found our location to be very convenient as well as close to public transportation and restaurants. Thank you also for bringing to our attention the loose faucet while you were here as that gave us the opportunity to fix it immediately.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is a handsome vessel; nice room, comfortable bed, modern bathroom, decent continental breakfast. Location is a bit random; in the middle of a gritty business district. The room prices reflect the location. Other Brooklyn hotels like the Wythe and King and Grove have better locations, but this place has the better price (and better breakfast than King and Grove).

Note, there is no restaurant or bar inside the hotel, so you have to venture out into the neighborhood for food and drink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon! Make sure to call us directly for our best rates.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel room was wonderful. The employee's where all wonderful, informational, friendly and always ready to get what ever you need, at any time of day or night. The continental breakfast was also great. Fresh fruit, waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, etc., etc. The location of the hotel is a few blocks from the subway, bus stops and shopping. The neighbor hood was quite and friendly. What a wonderful hotel for a wonderful time. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi Rita,

We really enjoyed your company. Thank you for the great review which shows future guests what they can be excited about at the Condor Hotel. We can't wait to see you again.

All the best,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I liked the modern style of the hotel a lot. Staff was friendly and everything was clean. I thought the breakfast buffet was fine. The bedding was very comfortable, however we did not really like the separate short covers on the king bed. It made it impossible to really sleep together.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this kind review. I have already spoken to my operations manager to address your blanket concern.

Our staff can't wait to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was recently in The Condor Hotel for Business, and all I can truly say is that they provide World Class customer service. Starting from the manager to staff, (John, Moe and Adam) they made it a pleasure staying. The room was very sophisticated and spacious the location is very convenient. I will defiantly come back and recommend it to anyone staying Brooklyn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Ana,

We really enjoyed your company on your recent business trip to NYC. Your feedback is very valuable as we work very hard to maintain the highest room quality in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I am glad you found our location to be very convenient. My staff is very happy that you mentioned them in the review. They look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I took a trip to New York and our visit at this hotel was amazing. The rooms are luxurious and have a very modern theme with a very relaxing spa feeling. I enjoyed the fresh fruit for breakfast. The staff was polite and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bobbi D

Hi Bobbi,

We really enjoyed your company. Thank you for choosing the Condor Hotel on your recent visit with your daughter from Michigan. We can't wait until your next trip to NYC.

Best Regards,