“Cozy, friendly & clean :)”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Everything it's perfect for the hotel room & service, we stayed here for 5 nights and I like their modern interior design, simple and nice:) they also provide fridge & microwave which is very thoughtful... For the price we paid we didn't expect that much & we have stayed in other hotel at the same area as well, if u are driving & you know new York well this is a place u could try it out.. The only point I would like to highlight is the location, not that close to subway but it's within walking distance.. you can't find elevator in every subway station So if u were carrying big luggage u might need someone to help u.. Overall, I still will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel, perhaps typical for NYC, is a fancy awning and web but in reality overpriced and unclean. The bathroom had a lot of hair on the floor, the tv didn't work, the heater was loud, and the location is subpar. The only thing going was a somewhat friendly staff though when we wanted to cancel our reservation upon arrival (after seeing it) he wouldnt accommodate.

• Stayed: March 2011
11  Thank Solo0058
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

A whole lot has changed since your visit in early 2011. Firstly management has changed and the level of service and quality of stay has dramatically improved. Our hotel is known to be one of the best options in NYC with affordable pricing, spacious rooms and modern, updated chic design. A whole lot has changed in Williamsburg since your stay as well.

Brooklyn is home to many different ethnic and cultural groups including the well known "Hipsters" which is what attracts people from all of the world. Williamsburg in specific is one of the cultural hot-spots of the United States with art galleries, museums, world renown restaurants and bars, theatres, parks, bridgers and many other local attractions. Over the past couple of years Williamsburg has transformed into a premier travel destination. Perhaps things have changed since your visit in 2011. Barclays Center is one example of a gorgeous high-end sporting and events arena that has been constructed in our neighborhood since your visit. Also many luxury condominium developments have been constructed on our street and the neighboring streets in the recent year. Our neighborhood is extremely family friendly and safe and offers great access to Manhattan and all parts of Brooklyn. We have a private car service called New Brooklyn which can take you all over starting from just a few dollars.

We hope you give Williamsburg another shot! We'd love to have you.

David Margolies
Condor Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was excited about this hotel because it's new, clean, and affordable.

However, the walls are EXTREMELY thin. We could hear our neighbors every time they flushed the toilet. We could hear their television and music playing. Our neighbors also started smoking and the smell of the smoke leaked into our room ALL NIGHT LONG, despite us calling the front desk and complaining. We were not given an option to move rooms and nobody even tried to stop the neighbors from smoking, which is explicitly prohibited. There is also a fair amount of street noise.

This hotel is actually located in Bedford-Stuyvesant and it's pretty unsafe. It is right next to an alley-way with multiple dirty, torn up mattresses piled up along with other trash. There was very little open on the weekend that was walking distance.

Also, I arrived early from a red-eye cross-country flight and even though a room was available, they were going to charge me $75 for an early check-in fee.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
21  Thank veeveeg
NYCondor, Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear Vee,

My name is Joel, General Manager at the Condor Hotel.

I'm glad you noticed that the rooms are clean and that the rates are very affordable. We really try hard.

I am very sorry to hear about the noise complaints. There is nothing I can do about the street noise, being that this is New York City (it is actually more quiet compared to other neighborhoods...), but the room noise is something we are addressing with experts in the field.

The neighborhood is very safe, in fact both of the owners and their families live around the corner :)

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get a good night's sleep, we will work on the problems, and Hope you will give us another shot.

All the best,

Joel L.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Condor Hotel in Brooklyn, NY. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The room I stayed in was beautifully decorated and well maintained. Everything looked pristine and new. I highly recommend staying here. It's within walking distance of great eateries, and a cab ride away from shopping and Manhattan. To everyone at the Condor hotel, thanks for the lovely stay!!! :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jgilliam34
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I had a wonderful time staying... making the reservation on the phone was flawless.... The staff is extra accommodating... John and Andrew are the BEST. Never went without anything we needed. Everything is modern and beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank veritaangel
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Terrible! This place really was the horrible. Ok, first it is located in the straight hood, Bedsty, which I had no idea since I'm not a native new yorker. I am writing this review at 5am and am still in the hotel. It's scary. I was awakened both nights to people yelling through the hallways " my -- this and my -- that" and people screaming expletives. Both nights it happened around 5am. I really am frightened. It sounds like I'm at a ghetto party or something. I read Trip Advisor before I booked and it had great reviews. The hotel itself is deceivingly cute. I would seriously google maps this place. It's located across the street from an abandoned lot, that they use for parking which they charge $15 a night for. It looks look the remainder of the street is destroyed and abandoned. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. I called the front desk several times, the first night they moved me to another room because the room I originally had was attached to another one that had 3 people in it smoking (which was a $250 penalty) and again cursing loudly, blasting the tv. The next night I was on the 5th floor and had the same thing happen minus the smoking. It was unfortunate I had an interview the next morning because I was sleep deprived. If it hadn't been in such a terrible location I would have left in the middle of the night. Just for perspective, I'm in my early 30s, a professional, native Philadelphian. This was the worst hotel I have been to and I travel often. The rooms themselves are cute and clean. The staff was respectful but the clientelle, myself excluded, was just terrible! I am so sleepy. I cannot wait to check out in a few hours. I pray my car is still there in this abandoned lot they call a paking lot.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
19  Thank LittleT78

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed that your stay in 2011 did not meet your expectations. A whole lot has changed in Williamsburg and our hotel since then including new management at our hotel (me!). Williamsburg is home to brand new developments and attracts guests from all over the world because of its cultural experience and ease of access to Manhattan. We are just over the bridge from Manhattan and can set you up with various forms of affordable transportation including car service, public transportation or the Zip Car lot across the street from our hotel or even the brand new CitiBike system situated all throughout NYC area. Our hotel is in a very safe family oriented neighborhood. Guests choose our hotel because we are not surrounded by bars. Our guests enjoy a quiet, sublime stay as you can read from our most recent reviews.

We hope you give Williamsburg another shot!

David Margolies
Condor Hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We had an amazing stay!
Check in was a breeze, room was elegant, beds were comfortable, Breakfast was nice.
The manager went out of his way to help us when we had an issue.
The service was excellent.
Was really happy and will stay there again.
Location was great for us.
Nice boutique hotel.
would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple