“Great Hotel in Brooklyn”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Hotel in Brooklyn”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I've stayed at the Best Western Plus Prospect Park hotel on 2 occations and will be staying there in the foreseeable future. It's a recently new hotel that has just open up late last year 2010. Fully non smoking at this hotel. The rooms are spotless and quite sizable for the value of money spent at this property. Each room has it's own refrigerator and complimentary Wi-Fi. Always was pleased by the professionalism of the staff from checking in to checking out. Highly recommend this hotel if in the NYC area and want good value for your money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wyoming
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We have been to Brooklyn many times. The location of this hotel is only useful if you are visiting in the neighborhood which, by the way, is dark and scary at night. Be under no illusion that the hotel is even close to the trendy gentrified Park Slope you may have heard of or any restaurants. At night your pretty much starnded in your room.

The room gets cold at night so the under window heating unit recycles on/off all night. My sister in law had bought us a bottle of wine before she dropped us off. The hotel had no corkscrew. I went out to a 99 cent store across the street to buy one.

I asked the desk clerk three separate times for the name of a pizza delivery store and was told each time he was too busy and would get back to me. Guess what? We ate out of a vending machine.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jackwy
BWPlus, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear jacwy:

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel. I appreciate your time to bring such matters to our attention. I certainly agree that the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. I assure you that those issues have been addressed with the appropriate team members.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your experience in further detail. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

I hope you will consider returning as our guest in the future so that we may provide you with the levels of service you deserve and we have come to pride ourselves on.

In the spirit of hospitality,

Ray Lakes
Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel
764 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11232
(718) 768-3100
rlakes@bwprospectpark.com
Montreal
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I've stayed in multipple hotels in Brooklyn and this is by far my favorite stay.

- The check in process was very simple and quick.
- The room was small but very very clean and trendy. Don't expect a spacious room while staying in NY.
- The breakfast was good. Waffles, bagels, toast, hardboiled eggs, 3 types of cereal, oatmeal, juice, coffee, etc.
- I didn't visit the workout room however, they do have a sauna and spa. Unfortunately, since the hotel is so new, it's not open to the public as of yet.
- Free wifi BUT it was a pain for our smartphones. Our laptop stayed connected perfectly fine but once you put your smartphone down, a few minutes later, they prompted for the password and it didn't always connect :-(
- 24hr Dunkin Donuts accross the street
- Subway station about 20 feet away
- C-Town (local grocery store) about 25 feet away.
- Free but limited parking

Overall, I loved my stay at the Best Western Plus Prospect Park hotel and will definately come back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shianaw
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Wonderful hotel. I had some complications with my reservation due to weather, and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my changes. The hotel is conveniently located on the subway, and the room was beautiful and super clean. The breakfast was great and well-stocked, and the service was amazing. I would and WILL gladly stay there again. This was one of best deals out of all the NYC hotels I looked at (price-wise), and it ended up being phenomenal. I can't praise the staff enough- they even called up to the room after we had checked in to see if everything was alright! What service. A++!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gorders
Boston,MA
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Reason we stayed: I reserved this hotel for my niece's 9th birthday. Her mother and myself planned a Manhattan weekend for her, but the Manhattan hotels were out of our price range. This BW was the next best thing!
Positives: Although the room was small, it was good size for NYC hotel standards. It is also directly across the street for the subway and less than 20 min away from NYC attractions. Because the hotel was still fairly new, the linens and furniture looked and felt great. The hot breakfast was a nice touch, but they need a larger dining area.
Negatives: I reserved online and was told that all taxes and fees were paid; but upon arrival I was charged an additional $50 for damages. It was refunded a couples days after check-out but it would have been nice to know that in advance. There was random spots all over the bathroom mirror and since it was the largest mirror in the room, it was a bit of an inconvenience for 2 ladies.
MAJOR negative: One of the receptionsts gives HORRIBLE directions! I am pretty familiar with NY, particularly Brooklyn, so I did not bother to get any directions in advance. However, since we arrived so late at late we wanted the fast subway route there. The receptionst gave me around the world directions that landed me on the other side of Brooklyn. Needless to say that was a poor start to our trip!
Overall: The hotel is worth the money based on convenience alone! But the breakfast and comfy beds are a plus!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MzNoBehavior
Windber, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I found this brand new hotel on Best Western.com. I was pleasantly surprised at the rate and the value I received. This is not your father's best western! This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and well appointed. I was so happy that I could jump on the subway to Manhattan that was just steps from the front door. It was a great value as the hotels in Manhattan were selling for a lot more than the brooklyn area. I would definitely stay again as we came in from New Jersey and I could park my car at the hotel and jump on the subway to go downtown. Oh...and there is free wireless internet that just topped of my stay!

The staff was more than accomodating and had excellent recommendations for restaurants in the area for dinner. My rate included continental breakfast !!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
BROOKLYN NY
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Brand new hotel. We were there the second night after opening. The problems were probably because of it being so new. The staff was great. There should be a sign on the building telling you that it's a hotel but there was not. The phone in room was not connected. Staff assured us this would be fixed promptly. also annoying - there was no signs telling us where the ice machine was.The bed was brand new but not that comfortable. Room was a little small, but it is NY. Otherwise nice clean room. Oh almost forgot, we were surprised to see that although there was a fridge in the room there was no microwave.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple