“Nice Hotel”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and was pleasantly surprised at how new the hotel was. Room were nicely decorated although rooms were very small. Another downside was the noise in the hallway when people opened and closed their door which was annoying. Breakfast was fairly standard but they didn't have enough space in the eating area so they had to open up a meeting room around the corner. Limited number of parking spaces in their parking lot and if you get back late you will need to park on the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SaiKung2012
There are newer reviews for Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is probably the best hotel that we have ever stayed. The staff went over and beyond their way to ensure that our stay was wonderful. The rooms and entire hotel was immaculate. I can't say enough about this gem. The beds were so comfortable and rooms were so clean. The staff was so helpful regarding getting around and into the city. The subway is literally right outside the front door and Manhattan is a 15-20 minute ride. I had family that stayed in Manhattan and paid a fortune to stay and did not have as good of an experience as we did. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels to New York for any occasion.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna K
Jessica C, Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Donna K,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for writing such an outstanding review of our hotel.

All the staff members here truly do what they can to ensure that all our guest experiences are nothing less than remarkable. From our front desk operations team to our housekeeping department, we work together to accommodate all our guests needs and requests to the best of our abilities.

Knowing that this was the best hotel that you have stayed at is very rewarding and special to us. We would love to have you back during your next trip to New York City. Maybe next time you can bring your family with you as well! We wish you happy and safe travels!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very polite and professional service. My only issue was dry cleaning service is not offered. But cleaning bags and dry cleaning paperwork are in the room closet. ???? Hot breakfast items are adequate. Powdered eggs are runny but what do you expect? You can never go wrong with a waffle. Pastry, bread, continental and accompaniment items are excellent. The subway station to Coney Island is 30 feet from the hotel front door. The subway station to Manhattan is 60 feet away. A grocery store and convenience store are on the same block. This is my new go-to New York City hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank philipj20
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great location with excellent room and service. All representatives provided friendly and thorough advice and suggestions about travel, dining and activities. Special thanks to Chiel for his courtesy and helpfulness.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Robert H,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel for your most recent stay with us!

We have a knowledgeable team that can recommend and direct all our guests anywhere they need to be. Travelling in NYC can be overwhelming so it is great to know that Chiel and the rest of the staff was able to help you find your way through the hustle and bustle of the city.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

As an international consultant, I have spent time in many fine hotels around the world. None can match the service and personal care and consideration I received at the Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel during my stay 24 June to 2 July, 2014.
I came to Brooklyn from my home near Seattle to look after my 3-year-old grandson while my daughter planned to give birth at her home on nearby 22nd St. to my granddaughter. But the baby was a week overdue, causing me to unpredictably alter, rebook and ultimately extend my reservation. For this time, all the desk staff, most notably Jose, Anthony, Jessica, Elle, Chris, Marilyn and LuLu, were most kind and truly concerned as well as professionally accommodating to me and my grandson. Jose and Anthony especially made sure we had the best rooms available with great views and comfy clean beds.
I may be inadvertently omitting someone but every person on every shift was topnotch, to include housekeeping and the lovely maintenance guy who brought us extra pillows. I would not hesitate to stay here again...and intend to when my husband and I come back to Brooklyn in Sept to visit our grandchildren.

Room Tip: Upper floors avoid busy 4th Ave traffic noise and offer great views of Brooklyn or Manhattan. The 25...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Carol S
Jessica C, Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Carol S,

Thank you so so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff.

Before anything else, we would like to thank you for keeping us updated on a day to day basis and taking the time to come into the hotel to speak to the front desk agents. It was almost like we were right there with you! We understand that it was an exciting, yet stressful time for you and your family and there is nothing that we want more than for our guests but to feel as comfortable as possible during times like these.

We are glad to know that everything went successfully well and we wish you the very best for you and your family. We highly look forward to seeing you again in September. Til then, happy and safe travels!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June 2014. Reached hotel at about 11 am and was told that room will be available by 3 pm. BUt fortunately, Jose at front desk ensured that we get the room by 1:15 pm itself. Hotel's location is great. The subway station is right at the gate and it felt safe to reach and roam around late at night. Only thing to note here is that subway stop outside the hotel is of a local line that stops at 11 pm. For all late nighters, you would need a cab or get down few stations upstream or downstream. I got the room on 7th floor right next to the elevators and vending machine. I was circumspect about the noise coming in fromt there but for some reason it was fairly silent throught out the stay. Breakfast starts at 6:30 which helped on days that we needed to start early. Only complaint is that with no kitchen of their own, the breakfast used to be same for all 4 days. It gets boring after 2nd day. Housekeeping was of acceptable standards and so was air conditioning. Room size was great considering NEW YORK and manhattan was about 25 minutes subway ride. All in all , a good bargain considering NY and its location. They also have a gym but I never used it. Ample & free parking offer was available during my stay there.

Room Tip: If possible choose rooms that face Manhattan
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnkitSaini
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Small and unassuming in a sort of unfashionable neighborhood (but seemingly a safe neighborhood). Like all NYC hotels, overpriced, but about the best buy you're likely to get. Mere steps from subway, and the helpful desk staff gave us a subway map which we used until it shredded. They also gave us a very quiet room on the top floor. I'd say everything was perfect, with one exception: the air conditioner generated the smell of cat pee. My car air conditioner occasionally does that too, and no one knows why. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to see NYC on a budget and planning to do so by subway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple