“excellent staff”

Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
“excellent staff”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

night staff Chiel and Janessa were welcoming and very helpful, providing a complimentary room for one night due to a mixup with our booking.
the bathrooms are pristine and you would expect the rooms to be on the small side in town.
lovely Peruvian restaurant just down the road too.
recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Karen G,

Thank you for the kind comments and for your wonderful rating of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at hotel and experienced our Neighborhood.

As always we truly do hope that on your next visit to Brooklyn you choose us. Thank you!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Plenty of basic quality breakfast but with plastic plates, cups, cutlery. Nowhere to sit if cruise ship passengers staying.

Right next to subway for 30 min plus travel into Manhatten via a line change during the week. Local area very unappealing but seems safe. Don't bother going for a walk or looking for a "nice" local cafe etc

Wifi not easily compatable with iPhone or iPads but staff sort it out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NickCJ
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear NickCJ,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to comment on our Hotel. Every comment is taken seriously and to heart I assure you.

Yes, the NYC Transit announces emergency repairs to the Tube from Brooklyn to Manhattan that affects a few subway lines, this was due to significant damage from Hurricane Sandy last year. However, the MTA has also added additional trains to the existing lines which do run in other tubes and bridges, so the travel time is about the same as before, 35 to 45 minutes to Midtown Manhattan.

We continue to understand some concern over the plastic utensils and paper plates at breakfast, I have touched on this on prior reviews. As to our limited space we are not able to completely clean and sanitize china and silverware, as we are also a Green Certified Hotel it also saves on water and all of our items are biodegradable and or are of recycled material.

As always we do apologize and see that overall you did enjoy your stay at our hotel, we do wish that on your next trip you do choose us again.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Best Western Prospect Park in Brooklyn was a very pleasant hotel to stay for our holiday. The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms, although a little on the small side, were always neat and tidy. We did a couple of trips away and they were more than willing to store some of our luggage for us. Would recommend the hotel to anybody wishing to stay in Brooklyn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Maurice H,

We thank you for choosing our Hotel for your Holiday in Brooklyn....I am pleased that you found our property to be up to your standards and that you had a memorable experience.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope that on you next future trip to Brooklyn or NYC you choose us again for your stay!
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am sure many folks who read this revue will be like I was, either travelling for work or pleasure and come across all these great reviews and wonder, really, can this hotel actually be this good? I am here to say 100% yes. I normally stay at Hiltons or Marriots for work or pleasure due the fact that I have points etc and they are generally nice enough. So, when I booked my stay here I can't say it wasn't without a little doubt. That doubt was IMMEDIATELY put to rest when I checked in and had questions about where I was going for work the next day and Anthony and (I want to say Mike) hooked me up with an MTA map and showed me online exactly where the hell I was going. I had TREMENDOUS service for the three nights I stayed, Chiel helped me a couple of times with a couple of issues I had with the sink in my room (no cold water, slight leak, taken care of QUICKLY) and Jose on my checkout. They put the H in Hospitality. Much better than the general indifference you get at most hotels and ones at MUCH higher cost points. Now, about the area, it is "real". By real I mean it is where real people live and work, it is NOT Manhatten so don't go thinking it is or you will just be disappointed. There are some cool restaurants and bars (Toby's Publick House was my fav) close by and most importantly a Dunks across the street. The R train is RIGHT there in front of the hotel and the Barclays/Atlantic stop 3 or 4 away has tons of connections. I wound up going to Nets game, super easy. For the hotel, the rooms are not large (who cares, you sleep there???). They are extremely modern and comfortable. I happen to be doing a bathroom reno at home, so I took note of the Kohler sinks and Grohe faucets in my room! To the management, keep doing what you are doing. Keep the hotel fresh as time goes on and keep the high standards. My linens were pristine, and room looked great. I will definitely be staying with you again when the need arises and have been singing your priases to my coworkers. My coworker and I just have made it easier and call you guys the BWP.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear rogerroy1974,

Putting the "H" in Hospitality, I like this, thank you....We are going to use that at our monthly staff meeting I assure you.

I am glad to see that we did meet your expectations and that EVERYTHING everyone writes are true to fact. We try very hard to bring that sense of home away from home to everyone, as I have mentioned in other replies the staff do truly enjoy their job....

I cannot express how much we appreciate your comments and the staff knows it, they watch trip advisor more than I do....

As far as what does Management do? I let the staff be themselves to be perfectly honest. I want them to come in and enjoy their job and it shows!

Thank you again and to be sincere I hope that you choose us on your next trip to Brooklyn/NYC!
Atkinson, NH, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night to attend a wedding. My expectations are rarely exceeded, but I was presently surprised by how nice the hotel was. It was as clean as any hotel I have stayed at regardless of the price. The room was small, but expected that for NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bruce J,

Well we are so happy that we have met your expectations!!! We thank you for your comments and truly hope that you when you possibly plan to come back to NYC that you choose us for your stay!

We hope that the wedding went well and really hope to see you again!!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very comfortable rooms and beds, internet worked great. Staff at front desk very helpful. Breakfast hot and hearty. The parking was convenient and easy. Need to take a cab, have the front desk make the call for you. Not much in the immediate area for walking to dinner or shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Yes, as the area is continuing to grow, restaurants and shopping are coming quickly but we are still within blocks of some nice pubs, restaurants and shopping. With the NYC Subway train right outside or as you experienced a cab ride away you are in the heart of it all!!!

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and hope that on your next visit you continue to visit us...Thank you again
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Just what we were looking for! A hotel near the port for our cruise. We were pleasantly surprised by our choice. Modern, clean, and very friendly staff. Close to the subway system and a magnificent view of the city. All we were hoping for and more.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lady_Andrea_R,

We are thrilled to hear you chose the right Hotel for your stay. We are as you mentioned just a short 2 miles from the Port so it does makes us convenient for all sailing out of New York.

We hope that you choose us again if you take another cruise, but we really hope you come and stay just to sightsee. Thank you for the kind comments