“A great value”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night to attend a wedding. My expectations are rarely exceeded, but I was presently surprised by how nice the hotel was. It was as clean as any hotel I have stayed at regardless of the price. The room was small, but expected that for NYC.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Bruce J,

Well we are so happy that we have met your expectations!!! We thank you for your comments and truly hope that you when you possibly plan to come back to NYC that you choose us for your stay!

We hope that the wedding went well and really hope to see you again!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very comfortable rooms and beds, internet worked great. Staff at front desk very helpful. Breakfast hot and hearty. The parking was convenient and easy. Need to take a cab, have the front desk make the call for you. Not much in the immediate area for walking to dinner or shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Yes, as the area is continuing to grow, restaurants and shopping are coming quickly but we are still within blocks of some nice pubs, restaurants and shopping. With the NYC Subway train right outside or as you experienced a cab ride away you are in the heart of it all!!!

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and hope that on your next visit you continue to visit us...Thank you again

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Just what we were looking for! A hotel near the port for our cruise. We were pleasantly surprised by our choice. Modern, clean, and very friendly staff. Close to the subway system and a magnificent view of the city. All we were hoping for and more.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lady_Andrea_R,

We are thrilled to hear you chose the right Hotel for your stay. We are as you mentioned just a short 2 miles from the Port so it does makes us convenient for all sailing out of New York.

We hope that you choose us again if you take another cruise, but we really hope you come and stay just to sightsee. Thank you for the kind comments

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The manger was Great he made sure I had everything I needed.. His name was Jose, he even got me checked in nd out as Quickly as possible..I do know the next time I'm in Brooklyn NY I will be staying at the Best Western in Prospect Park.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Soseditti,

We thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and am so happy that Jose made your stay a little extra special.

We are glad you had a nice time and we hope that you continue to choose us on your next visit to Brooklyn!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am always very wary of reviews that give full marks, however, I feel that this hotel is truly deserving. The room was on the smaller side (New York size), but there were large beds and adequate space to dwell in. There is complimentary coffee in every room as well as in the lobby which exemplified their thoughtful attention to patrons.
Marilyn, Schiel, and Jose were always ready and willing at the front desk to assist us in navigating the complexities of the New York subway station. They were always understanding and always went the extra mile to assist us. Marilyn prepared print outs of directions for the days' outings as well as recommendations of great locations (Jose was excellent in this aspect as well). When we returned from our adventures, Schiel always asked us whether our day was wonderful and if we enjoyed our trips. The sincerity of all of the employees was apparent and was constantly manifested through their actions. This is what truly distinguishes this hotel from others.
When we returned for out day's outings, we always returned to a clean bedroom with the beds made as well as the room tidied and cleaned. Though this was excellent, what stood out to me was the fact that there was attention to detail with a personal touch. My youngest daughter is 10 and constantly has numerous "huggies" or stuffed animals strewn about her area. Her huggies would be arranged on the bed in a cute manner that was utterly charming.
The breakfast was excellent and there was always coffee and tea available.
My eldest daughter, a cross country runner, didn't want to stop her training, but the weather did not always permit a run. Their exercise facilities were a great solution.
The close proximity of the subway station was an extra convenience.

From our family we would like to thank Best Western Plus Prospect Park for an amazing stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jolene G,

Well again another wonderful review and we are so Happy that your truly enjoyed your stay with us.....

As I have mentioned on numerous of occasions the staff does truly love what they do, each have all been hand picked and have always been asked to be themselves.....paperwork can wait but for a pleasant experience the guests will always come first....

Yes, Jose, Chiel and the rest of the staff truly want to know feedback, it's not because they have to, they really want to know how your day was, how it could have been better or how we can we help the next person better....We do care about all of our guests, this again has been truly my first priority before anything else....I am glad it shows....

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and adding all the comments of really made your trip special at the Hotel...we hope that you continue to choose us on your trips to Brooklyn!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked our stay based on other reviews, and couldn't be happier with our decision. Totally exceeded our expectations! The staff were the friendliest hotel staff we've ever encountered. They were so welcoming & helpful, and obviously take pride in their hotel & the service they offer. The hotel was modern, clean & definitely deserves the PLUS in BW Plus! This will be our new 'go to' spot in Brooklyn!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Thegrubers,

Exceeded Expectations?! That is wonderful, I am so pleased that the staff has shown you how to go up and beyond....

Since my arrival at the hotel earlier this year it has been my point to do what we need to ensure the guests always receive the best we can offer.....A smile is always free and yes the entire staff do truly love what we do....

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and we truly hope to see you again on your next trip to Brooklyn....

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at this Best Western many times since we come to Brooklyn to visit our daughter. It's a clean and comfortable hotel with nice employees. The breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable and the R subway line is steps from the hotel. My only complaint about any hotel is that the doors don't close quietly no matter how hard you try not to make noise. And of course you get the jerk that slams the door at 3:00 a.m. Hotel planners/builders should work on that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear stitchinglady,

Another Great Stay...another Great Review, Thank you again, I will keep saying that each time you write, I think you are now testing me to see if I would actually write back....

As always I am very happy that we again met your expectations and can assure you that we will continue to strive to be the best....I am sure we will see you again on you next visit!!!