Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
$279
  • Fitness center
Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$197
$155
Hotel Le Jolie
$266
$225
Pointe Plaza Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$249
$211
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$152
$251
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$178
$159
Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$138
$127
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Arena Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$210
$184
Agoda.com
Wythe Hotel(Brooklyn)
$365
1,298 results
All reviewsprospect parkgrocery store next doornew yorkdunkin donuts across the streetgreen wood cemeterygreenwood cemeterysame blockyogurtwaffle makerrooms are smallon site parkingbreakfast roomtimes squarevisit familyfront desk stafffree breakfastwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked our stay based on other reviews, and couldn't be happier with our decision. Totally exceeded our expectations! The staff were the friendliest hotel staff we've ever encountered. They were so welcoming & helpful, and obviously take pride in their hotel & the service they offer. The hotel was modern, clean & definitely deserves the PLUS in BW Plus! This will be our new 'go to' spot in Brooklyn!

• Stayed: October 2013
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Thegrubers,

Exceeded Expectations?! That is wonderful, I am so pleased that the staff has shown you how to go up and beyond....

Since my arrival at the hotel earlier this year it has been my point to do what we need to ensure the guests always receive the best we can offer.....A smile is always free and yes the entire staff do truly love what we do....

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and we truly hope to see you again on your next trip to Brooklyn....

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at this Best Western many times since we come to Brooklyn to visit our daughter. It's a clean and comfortable hotel with nice employees. The breakfast is good, the beds are comfortable and the R subway line is steps from the hotel. My only complaint about any hotel is that the doors don't close quietly no matter how hard you try not to make noise. And of course you get the jerk that slams the door at 3:00 a.m. Hotel planners/builders should work on that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear stitchinglady,

Another Great Stay...another Great Review, Thank you again, I will keep saying that each time you write, I think you are now testing me to see if I would actually write back....

As always I am very happy that we again met your expectations and can assure you that we will continue to strive to be the best....I am sure we will see you again on you next visit!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights late September prior to joining a Cruise Ship. We chose this hotel due to the fact that it in Brooklyn and the cruise ship was leaving from here. We had read some of the mixed reviews, but not been judgemental decided to go ahead with the proposed stay.
We arrived at the hotel around lunchtime but due to the time the room was not ready which we gladly accepted. Our cases where placed in a side room while we went to do a rekkie on the area re restaurants etc. After about an hour we returned to the hotel and found the room to be ready. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the room.
When we had gone for a walk earlier, could not find any restaurants nearby so we asked at reception and they recommended we use the Metro and go 2 stops to Prospect Park where we would find plenty. We later took the Metro, cost $1 dollar for the ticket and then another $2.50 each way journey. The idea is to put sufficient dollars onto the card to cover any journeys made.
There was a good choice of restaurants to chose and suit all.
The following morning we got up for breakfast and went downstairs into the dining room, surprised, about 4 tables all full, the breakfast was buffet style which was ok, however when we looked for plates, we noticed they were paper plates, the cups were paper ones and the cutlery were plastic, shock, horror!!! We then went into the overflow dining room this was the room which stored our cases the days before. In my opinion, these rooms were no more than a staff canteen something I am not used to at all when paying a lot of money for my nights stay. We could not complain about the desk staff who were quite helpful. When I went to book out I spoke to them and the General Manager to say that the hotel was overpriced for what it was. I paid $471 inclusive of taxes for the 2 nights which equated to £300. Me and my wife have travelled all over the world and paid less but never, never in my life I have had to eat off paper plates etc, this is not my idea of eating, I paid but it is something I would not have paid so much for, vastly, vastly overprice, so please think twice about here, unless you like to eat off paper plates etc. I have been in contact with the Best Western Hotels and they have offered me a refund of $25 dollars which is unacceptable to me, I would have accepted $100 but not to be. All I can say is 'Would stay here', eat off paper plates etc and still pay $471. I definately won't be staying here and in future I would email a hotel to ask about crockery and cutlery to meet my standards, this is not a case of you pay for what you get!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear yorkieIsleOfMan,

First let me say Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. As you will see from previous postings, I am very open to comments and suggestions from all of our guests but must point out just a few concerns in regards to your posting. Please understand that this is not making excuses nor am I defending any part, just would like to have an opportunity to post a few facts.

As stated thank you for your concerns, please be aware we are a Limited Service Hotel, Breakfast is provided complimentary to all of our guests. As you and many of our guests have seen we are space challenged so we do not have a full kitchen, for what we provide, it is however sufficient. We use paper plates and plastic for 3 reasons, 1. We are a green hotel and have been designated such, we use recycled material in keeping with this standard. 2. we do not have the facilities to Wash, Sanitize and store China and silverware for the demand, we do wash, sanitize and store the serving dishes and utensils. 3. We use the paper and plastic in keeping with Sanitation standards and the Department of Health in NYC, they are disposable as well as biodegradable.

I would love to have china and silverware, trust me, from a business stand point it would save money in the long run to reuse, however we are limited in space. In past comments we have listened to our guests about the space provided and have since then opened daily a second room just feet away that seats an additional 25 persons with the already established 15 seats in the breakfast area itself.

Mr. yorkieIsleOfMan, we do listen to our guests and do accommodate to every request we can within reason, as you and other may see from prior postings. We have expanded Breakfast to Serve, Hot Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Daily fresh deliveries of assorted pastries, fruits, cereals, yogurts and many other items. Yes, European and many in the U.S. Hotels do have and provide china/silverware but also have full service restaurants that can handle the demand.

Your reservation was made through a Pre-Paid Travel Agent and we were not able to accommodate a discount, this is why you were referred back to them to contact us, we have a pre-arranged agreement with them, however as you contacted Best Western International we are truly being compliant with our services and would say we have expanded on the standards, just not the china and silverware.

Mr. yorkieIsleOfMan, we all try very hard each and everyday to accommodate everyone and provide only the best in service at a reasonable and competitive price, I am sadden to hear that you did not appreciate the Paper Plates and Plastic ware but truly hope that you understand our position from my reply. Again, I do very much thank you for your comments and concerns and do as always take them into consideration, we are just not able to accommodate China/Silverware in a Limited Service Hotel such as ours.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A nice little hotel for those seeking functional quarters and a decent price. Somewhat out of the way, but otherwise a good deal for the money. Located in a lower-class, working family neighborhood. The manager, Jose, is very helpful. It's too bad this hotel doesn't have a restaurant, nor a cafereria.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Lobby level are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Jaime M,

Thank you for the review and comments. Our location may be a little farther than being directly downtown Brooklyn but as you mentioned we try very hard to give as much value for every dollar, in this day and age we all have to provide the best at an affordable rate.

We are limited service hotel, but the neighborhood does have several walk in restaurants and diners, actually a new Restaurant is coming just a clock away. Our neighborhood is constantly changing has been this way for the last 5 to10 years.

Working class neighborhood is a fair statement, but most who live in the areas do actually own businesses either on the same block or within a few blocks, so really no need to worry, not just saying that either.

Thank you for the kind comments and we truly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Sandwiched between the Greenwood Cemetery and the East River, this hotel is a little bit away from the action, although it is very close to a subway stop (which you will need - downtown, or decent restaurants, are two stops away). The clientele seems to consist of tourists looking for somewhere clean and functional (like us), two criteria it fulfils. Breakfast is a bit of a bunfight in the lobby, but is is free and there's a selection of food, not just calorie laden muffins. Free wifi throughout was appreciated. The rooms were compact but comfortable and clean, so the hotel did its job. We would have welcomed a safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bignickandlittleted

Dear Bignickandlittleted,

Thank you for your comments, as always they are truly appreciated. We are in the middle of Park Slope and Sunset Park on 4th Avenue.

Yes, we are not right in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn but in a very up and coming neighborhood. In 2014/2015 there is just over 1400 new Luxury Condos being built within a few blocks from us. Brooklyn is exploding left and right, we are just less than 2 miles from Downtown but as you mentioned literally at the 25th Street stop of the Subway, feet away. It is only 4 stops to downtown, for new guests that would be maybe 10 minutes.

Our breakfast is ever changing, based on feedback and comments, we try hard to please every guest when it come to this, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...LOL

We do see that you did in fact enjoy your stay and truly hope that you continue to choose us in the future upon your return to Brooklyn.