Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn
$252
$200
$193
Agoda.com
All reviewselexi mcfarlanerooftop deckgreat rooftopfront deskbarclays centernew yorkbagelspark slopestatue of libertynewer hotelatlantic terminalfew blocksfree breakfastthe breakfast arearooms are smallindustrial areaunion street
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Visiting family in Brooklyn and couldn't get into our usual hotel (Nu hotel on Smith street) and chose Fairfield1 Inn on 3rd Avenue for its convenience to Park Slope, Barclay Center, subway and family! Modern rooms (our was smallish but adequate) and excellent bathroom, large and good breakfast and very helpful staff. This is not a boutique hotel but we plan to return!

Room Tip: Lower level away from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying here every week for 2 months. Every morning Eddie does an amazing job. He does the extra things extraordinarily. Breakfast is completely ready @ 6 am. He takes the time to ask about us, makes a morning much better.
Thank you.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gypsyrnamh1021
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The rooms were modern & clean and the location was very convenient for our stay. We were able to find street parking on a Saturday night instead of paying the $25 hotel fee. The block the hotel is on is a little run down but there were a few nice bars & shops the next block over. Easy to get to Manhattan from here via a quick cab ride. The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. Price was very decent for the night of the week & location. The room itself was on the small side but did not feel cramped. The lobby & breakfast area were very nice & the complimentary breakfast food was fresh.

Room Tip: The ice machines are on every other floor. There was one on the 7th floor but was in a small alcove directly outside 2 rooms. I'd avoid staying in those rooms if you don't want to hear people getting ice at weird hours.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is the best value hotel that I've found for visits to Brooklyn. New Fairfield Inn is very comfortable and convenient in a section of the borough without a lot of hotels, not far from the Barclays Center. This is my second stay, and I will definitely be back on my next trip to Brooklyn. Modern and stylish hotel with fabulous glass walled and tile shower in the bathroom. Parking is $25 a night in a lot that fills up on Saturday nights, but don't bother with that and park on the street instead; as in any city, just don't leave anything visible in the car (and I'd give the same advice if you choose to use the parking lot at $25 per). The bed is comfortable, though the room is a little small. Of course, this is NY and the Fairfield is not a five star luxury hotel, and the room size is not a problem. Nicer than most Fairfield's where I've stayed.

Room Tip: Being in the middle of Brooklyn, there can be some street noise from outside overnight, as in any city. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe_from_Boston
Reviewed February 16, 2014

To start with.. I got a Groupon deal. So the price was really good (not sure what the price is).

It's a 20 mins by subway, from Time Square, to Barclays Center station. And a 10 mins (or may be less) walk from subway station to the hotel. We walked to the hotel passed midnight, and felt safe enough to walk at that time.

Hotel room was very clean and tidy. Not very big, but okay size for a hotel in NYC. Bed was really comfortable, and we slept in. They offer free continental breakfast. It was a very good spread, and we really liked it.

Some cons.. they have a limited number of parking slots (and charge $25 per overnight parking - which however is not bad at all for a hotel in NYC). Front desk staff wasn't very friendly. But overall service experience was satisfactory.

I would definitely go there when I visit NYC again, if I can get the same rate I got through the Groupon deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chaminda D
Darren P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Chaminda:

Hello from the staff and management of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Brooklyn. Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience and for your Overall Excellent rating of our hotel. We are pleased that you found our hotel convenient and that our upgraded luxury bedding allowed you to have an incredibly night's sleep followed by our expanded all you can eat hot breakfast buffet.

Our award winning service team is committed to providing a 'WOW" experience to all of our valued guest and I personally regret that our team did anything less than exceeding your service expectations. Guest feedback is a valuable training tool and is shared on a daily basis with our entire team in our ongoing efforts to better enhance the guest experience. If you would care to speak to me regarding your experience, you may contact me at darren.piercey@marriott.com or by telephone at 718-522-4000. Nothing is more powerful than the guest voice.

I am pleased that you did indicate that if your travel plans do bring you back to the Brooklyn/NYC area that you would again give us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next visit.

Darren Piercey