“New, bright, clean, many amenities without being pretentious”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After our son moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn, we wanted a hotel near his new place. He found this hotel and it met our needs perfectly. Many wedding parties made this a pretty happy place. Among the many friendly people we met in the elevator, one was the key designer for the hotel. We commented on the styling and design of the open spaces. The breakfast area was bright with the high ceiling and windows. Many families and children make this an ideal place for families not wanting the elegance or high prices of Manhattan hotels. Ask for a room on a higher floor for a wonderful view of Brooklyn. There is a public rooftop. Complimentary wifi, breakfasts with hot oatmeal, waffles, fruit and beverages. Downside: very small lobby, developing neighborhood in transition, be prudent if walking the neighborhood alone. Staff was friendly, professional and helpful without being "New York stuffy." Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Darren P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

CollaborativeDave:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the beautiful new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriot New York Brooklyn. We are very appreciative of your kind words regarding the staff as well as your appreciation of the modern open air design of our hotel. Brooklyn is the new Manhattan and we could not be more excited about being part of Brooklyn's new "IT" neighborhood. From our amazing rooftop, you can experience first hand the renaissance of the area, where all the new is intertwined with the spectacular "Old New York". I hope you had the opportunity to experience the rooftop at night, the views of downtown Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan are amazing.

Now that your son has moved to Brooklyn, we would love to be your "home away from home" destination for all your future visits. Thank you again for your review and I hope that I have the opportunity to thank you in person on your next visit.

Darren Piercey

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a great hotel find for Brooklyn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very clean. The only down side was the noise from the street. I had a beautiful room with huge windows along the front of the building. While very pretty, it was like sleeping in a construction zone. The second night was much better with ear plugs.

Room Tip: Avoid those rooms facing the main street with all the windows.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank janefox2
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield during a short spring break trip with my two kids and husband. I have to admit, as we approached the hotel in our car, I thought, "whoa, we're going to have to rethink walking to the subway each day." It seemed a little dicey. However, it didn't take me long to discover that the area, while a little stark to my Virginia sensibilities, is just fine. Each day of our trip, we walked the four blocks or so to the subway stop and home, sometimes at night, and at no point did I feel unsafe. And that is with stroller and two kids in tow. Just one or two streets over, there are many shops and restaurants and other families walking around.

The hotel was immaculate, with a modern, pleasant decor and comfortable layout. It's small, but they really make the most of their space. We arrived pretty late the first night and found that we made the mistake of not reserving a parking space. We thought because it said "parking, $25 a night" on the website, that it meant there was parking for everyone. The wonderful staff, however, didn't just say we were SOL. They went out of their way to accomodate us the first night until a space opened up on the 2nd night. (But if you're driving, make sure to make a reservation when you book!) We also were assigned a lower level room (ehem, basement) the first night (which honestly wasn't bad, just a little dark) because they were full, but moved us the next night into a lovely high level room with a great view of the city.

The staff also was very available for directions and advice on how to move through the city. We picked this location because it was just a quick subway ride into the city and because we wanted to explore Brooklyn as well. They set us up with a subway map and helping figuring out which stop to get off when we wanted to explore certain attractions and areas, like when we wanted to have dinner one night in the Dumbo section of town. Felt like they were really looking out for us.

Breakfast was good -- my son was thrilled that they had breakfast sandwiches available! The dining room was full of light and comfortable.

We'll stay here again next time we want a city getaway.

Room Tip: The higher the better for a view of Brooklyn and NYC.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Friends and I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. Everything was wonderful, from the staff to the property. The hotel is located in an area that is going through revitalization but close enough to restaurants and shops in Brooklyn or Manhattan via subway. This hotel in located in an area of Brooklyn that is "authentic" and perfect for hipsters.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel last weekend. The staff were wonderful and the room was very nice. The street is iffy but if you walk a few blocks you can find some great restaurants. We ended up changing rooms the second night since we had lots of street noise the first night. If would highly recommend asking for a room on the top floor on the parking lot side of the building which seemed to be less noisy at night.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Boston121
Reviewed March 20, 2012

What a find! - a gem of a hotel in Brooklyn - fun architecture, impeccable service, great amenities. I was very impressed by the staff - truly top-notch.
I absolutely loved the decor of the hotel - it reminded me of a hotel that my husband and I recently stayed at in Soho in New York City - I highly recommend this hotel - it was also extremely convenient to the subway - oh, and there was a beautiful
outdoor roof deck with views of the Manhattan sky line!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was by far one of the most pleasant hotel stays I've ever had. Every single staff member was helpful or had the resources at their disposal to lend assistance. Let me say that again: every single person I spoke to had a smile on their face and was able to help in one manner or another. The rooms were clean and tidy. I went rock climbing across the street at Brooklyn Boulder. The area seemed safe (I was visiting from New Haven (4th most dangerous city in the U.S.) so it seemed safe to me.) Breakfast was great, there was fresh fruit and a waffle maker, juice, muffins, coffee, tea, hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, and oatmeal. The rooftop patio has a spectacular view. My one gripe would be the ice machines on the 7th and 5th floor were out of order, I didn't check the others. One suggestion I have is for the shower doors. I believe they're mounted wrong, they should open in. This causes the floor to become wet after a shower, possibly posing a safety hazard. All in all, great stay, great people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple