All reviewslong island railroadelevated traintrain noisefridge and microwavefree parkingnice hotelnew yorkcrown heightsbreakfast roomatlantic avenueparking is limitedsubway stationfree breakfastconvenient locationbed stuybrooklyn museumvisiting brooklyn
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I just returned from NYC yesterday. My friend and I went for New Years Eve. With hotels in Manhattan completely priced out of our price range, we decided to stay here. The staff was incredibly helpful right off the bat and did everything they could to help us enjoy the hotel and NYC. Room was exactly as advertised (very clean, comfy beds, complete control over our temperature, free internet, cable tv, mini vault). The thing that I was most impressed with was that our room had a microwave and fridge. My room at a 4-star Vegas hotel last year didn't even have a fridge. It was a great surprise, and came in very handy.

The hotel is only two blocks from a subway station that took us directly into Manhattan. Very easy walk at all times of the day. Continental breakfast was free each day. Nice fresh selection of food and drinks. It was exactly what I needed to get some food each morning before heading out to the city where I could get bigger meals later.

Yes, the LIRR track is right outside of the window, which we were worried about when we got to our room and saw how close it was. But my friend and I slept straight through the night each night - we had no problem with the noise.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family (actually, my sister is planning a trip to NYC next year, and I'm going to strongly suggest this place).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank CanuckTraveller33
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

We appreciate the comments, especially with regards to your opinion of our staff and breakfast. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you again for taking the time to rate your experience.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Wonderful, modern, new, clean hotel with incredibly helpful and friendly staff. Couldn't have been more pleased. Felt like a total luxury hotel at an incredible unbelievable price that included safe (off street/camera protected) FREE parking!? We were on the back of the hotel where it was completely quiet. Subway a block away. We're an older white couple and walked all around the neighborhood to eat and shop - took buses and the subway - felt completely safe even at midnight each night.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jodisinclair

Your voice is very important to us and we are continuously striving to improve upon the guest experience. Thank you for rating your stay and providing us insights regarding our staff and parking. We wish all guests to have a convenient and accommodating experience, and we thank you for sharing your rating.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We got a great deal on Bookit.Com during the NYC marathon weekend so we were really pleased. We have family in the area that were easy to from the hotel and the train is only 2 blocks away. There are convenience stores and restaurants nearby also. This is a predominantly African-American area that is being gentrified. At no time did we feel the neighborhood was unsafe. The staff is great, the breakfast is fine, and the hotel being new is fairly clean. This hotel is very noisy however. Even staying on the backside of the hotel, you will hear the LIRR train going by. AND Atlantic Ave is a busy street. There were workers drilling and banging most of one of our days there. Also workers in the room next door were extremely noisy until the manager asked them to stop. The room that we had was a king deluxe and it was extremely small. If you need room to be comfortable, you should ask for a larger room.

In short, this hotel is an excellent value, but not all will be comfortable with the location, the noise and the size of the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BoomBoomsPunkin

We are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations and want to thank you very much for your comments about our staff and location. Guest comments help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. Thank you.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Came to the Arena hotel on a friday afternoon and was able to find parking for free behind the hotel. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and we had a quick check in. I had heard about the noisy rooms up front because of the LIR and asked for rooms in the back of the building and they fulfilled our request with no problems. The room was fantastic. very comfy bed, clean bathroom and a large flat screen tv. We were very impressed. We had easy access to manhattan from the subway station which is only 1 block away from the hotel. Reading some of the other reviews i was worried about the surrounding neighborhood, but its not so bad. We went out and came back at around midnight both nights we were there and never had any trouble or reason to be afraid of walking in the area. They also offer a complimentary breakfast in the mornings with cereals, juices, bagels, toast, coffee and muffins. Also a few blocks away is a new shopping center with restaurants and a Target. Overall i would say that i really enjoyed my stay at the Arena Hotel and would love to stay there again on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: September 2010
6  Thank nkdugal

Your comments are important to us as we continuously seek ways to improve upon the guest experience in our hotel. We thank you for the feedback regarding our staff and bed. I hope you will return to enjoy a memorable and exceptional experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I was afraid after reading all of the negative reviews, almost backed out of staying here when I read them but the hotel is CLEAN, comfortable, and the staff was very accomodating. I understand why some may say it's too noisy in the front because of the train but I stayed on the backside and couldn't hear a thing! The hotel is a steal for the price and for it to be clean, cozy, and still be so close to town, I DEFINITELY would stay again and recommend it without reservation!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple