“Amazing Staff + Nice Hotel = Great Stay”

Best Western Plus Arena Hotel
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We drove up to NY from KY and stayed 2 nights at this Brooklyn BW while helping move our daughter into her new apartment. The hotel appears to be fairly new construction and was in very good condition inside and out. We found the Manager and staff to be simply amazing in their efforts to be helpful and accommodating. Having mentioned to the manager the purpose of our visit and that we needed to do some furniture shopping, the next time we passed the lobby desk he presented us with a printout of out store locations he had researched on the internet. Shadena, an attractive young lady working the desk, treated us like family and was always eager to offer tips on dinning and transit. Our guest room was clean and comfortable with fridge and flat screen TV. The bathroom was spotless and well lighted. The off-street parking was very limited but we were lucky enough to find a spot each time we returned to the hotel. All in all, we were delighted with our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank James M
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us as you helped your daughter move to Brooklyn. Being a parent myself, I understand the apprehension in having your daughter move so far from home. Extending my local knowledge and having my staff exhibit excellent customer service seems like it created a memorable experience for your family. Thats what sets us apart from the competition. We wish your daughter much success and look forward to seeing you at your "home away from home", the Best Western Plus Arena Hotel on future trips to Brooklyn.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Mr. Murphy and every other member of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, understanding of needs and anxious to go out of their way to assist. The room and breakfast exceeded my expectations and I hope they have a room available each time I visit.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear MXN3,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and your stay with us. As General Manager it is important to set the right example in terms of providing outstanding service to our guests. It is our #1 resource and if we apply it correctly we exceed guests expectations and review excellent feedback because of it.
We hope you consider us on future trips into the Brooklyn area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I just returned from a four-night stay at the Best Western Plus Arena Hotel. I chose to stay there because it is the closest hotel to my daughters' apartments in Bed Stuy. Since my daughters live there, I was not too concerned about the neighborhood. Some people may find the immediate area a little sketchy, but give it a chance! This hotel is lovely, the rooms large by New York standards, modern, fresh, everything you would expect in a much pricier hotel in Manhattan. The subway is very close, and the A train will have you in Manhattan in minutes. But it is the staff that really caused me to write my first-ever Trip Advisor review. They were friendly, accommodating, recognized each time I came in. Then, moments after arriving at my home airport, I received a call from the front desk, telling me I had left a number of articles in my room, and wanting to know how best to get them back to me! I really appreciate their honesty and effort. I look forward to returning to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Joan M
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Joan M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are delighted you found us and that we are conveniently located to your daugthers apartment in the neighborhood. The subway is a close 2 blocks away and can get you to downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan within 30 minutes.

Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms and friendly staff. These two factors set us apart from our competition. in closing , it is our pleasure finding, calling and returning your forgotten items back to you. We are glad it formed a memorable impression about the hotel inspiring you to let your fellow Tripadvisor family know your experience staying with us. We hope you make the Best Western Arena Hotel your "home away from home" while visiting your daughter.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Arena in Brooklyn for one night in July. We were attending a performance by my son at a local music venue. The neighborhood: sketchy. The hotel itself: perfectly fine. The rate: excellent for Brooklyn ($125/night). The room: postage-stamp sized but perfectly fine for one night. The hotel was clean (except for the carpets in the hallway - I have no idea why they were so stained and nasty-looking), especially the room. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, helpful with getting a car service (which we also used the next day for the trip back to LGA - $30 when the cab coming in the afternoon before had been $50!). I don't get to Brooklyn much (this was our first time, actually), and would probably stay at this hotel again except for the location - not crazy about the neighborhood. Also free hot breakfast - not bad!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank youngetal

Dear Youngetal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. We appreciate you mentioning the hotel being clean and convenient to your sons performance. Most guests describe our hotels' commercial location as sketchy yet once inside the hotel all that is forgotten. As time goes by the neighborhood will continue to improve with new businesses opening all the time and the Best Western will be the cornerstone of that revival.
Due to the high traffic coming from the breakfast room our light colored carpet does stain quickly yet we do have staff ready to address those issues promptly.
We hope you give us another chance upon future trips to Brooklyn. We wish your son continued success in his endevours.

Richard J. Murphy

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice hotel, clean & neat. Breakfast was supposed to start at 6:30 (most hotels start at 6), they unlocked the door at 6:30, but food wasn't ready for another 15 minutes, making me late to a meeting. Limited food selection for a diabetic, no peanut butter, no sugar free syrup. TV has so many channels, and no TV guide to tell you what channels are where, could spend and hour just scrolling through the stations. No luggage stand in room, had to use the ironing board for my suitcase. But, a nice hotel. I would stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Erich,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Reading your comments you expereinced some hiccups in our normally excellent services we provide. Yet the most important sentence is you are willing to return and for that we are truly grateful. Im sorry the breakfast room was not opened at our designated time. As a business traveler being prompt is important so please accept my apologies for our tardiness. BAsed on your review I am going to provide a channel listing with the most popular selections to help guests navigate the over 400 channels available through Direct TV. This will dramatically reduce the channel surfing. In closing I do hope you come back and give us a second chance to provide a more memorable stay.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stay here each time I visit NY. The location is close to the train that's straight into the city. We enjoy the diversity of the culture in this neighborhood. There are many local shops around the block with unreal prices on quality shoes. The hotel is clean, the breakfast is delicious, and the staff are more than helpful. They always make me feel safe and welcome. The beds are some of the best I've slept in. If you request a room on the backside, you have the ultimate in quiet especially considering you are in Brooklyn. The prices of the rooms make a trip to New York possible for us. I have sent many friends to stay there and will continue to do so. These Wilmington, NC, girls have their favorite vacation hotel in BKLYN at the Best Western Arena.

Room Tip: Request a room on the backside. Although you have a slight view of the city from the front, there i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dea Fun2bme2day,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are so glad you enjoy your stay so much you consider us your "home away from home" during your visits to NYC. Clean accommodations and friendly staff is what seperates us from the competition and we are happy to hear that is your experience on each visit.Many local stores along Nostrand and Fulton Street offer bargins but everyone is eager to explore Mnahattan and miss out on some good savings.
We look forward to seeing you on future trips to the NYC/Brooklyn area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel placement is in a part of Brooklyn with population with Afro American origin that is surprised me at the beginning of the stay.
The safe has a problem in the room but the overall prestastion was good.
The water in the frigidaire was a good surprise and also the microwave.
The emplacement of the hotel is near to subway so no problem to be at manathan in 35 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Patrick G

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are glad you were surprised with some of our added amenities like microwave, fridge (with 2 cold waters) and a robe to use during your stay. Our hotel is located two blocks from the A&C subway lines so traveling in Brooklyn, to Manhattan or even JFK is quite easy.
Im sorry you were dissapointed in our breakfast. We will be trying some new items beginning in August that should be breakfast more appealing.

Regards,