Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$180
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)
$442
$278
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslong island railroadelevated traintrain noisefridge and microwavefree parkingnice hotelnew yorkcrown heightsbreakfast roomatlantic avenueparking is limitedfree breakfastsubway stationconvenient locationbed stuybrooklyn museumvisiting brooklyn
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yes the hotel is new. Rooms are SMALL but clean and fully equipped. Breakfast is good and the internet works well. It is two or so blocks from an express subway stop. However the area the hotel is in is very bad and downright scary at night (and we are used to depressed areas). Not sure it is dangerous, however it is quite uncomfortable. The unfortunate underbelly of the elusive American dream, very sad. I think in the future I would pay a bit more and get a slightly less new hotel in a better part of town. Also there is a tendency to have some party animals staying at the hotel which can be noisy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidMi
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Reviewed September 28, 2012

As well as making the hotel affordable, staying in Brooklyn gave us a great feel for New York as lived by 'ordinary' people. At first sight the area looks run down but a little exploration led us to streets with fantastic buildings and good local eateries and shops. Everyone we met was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room in the hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine and the staff in the dining room ensured constant fresh supplies. The metro was 5 minutes walk away so it was easy to get into the heart of Manhattan. It was easy to get to and from the interstates and we were early enough to secure a parking space so bringing a car to New York was made easy for us. A hotel to be recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda P
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank You! We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Clean, comfortable room with the usual amenities. Pleasant but not outstanding breakfast included. No vending machines. "Limited free on-site parking" means first-come first-served. Paid parking garage one block away. About the location: this is not Cliff Huxtable's Brooklyn, with lovely tree-lined streets and venerable brownstones. The Long Island Railroad runs along Atlantic Avenue, so the hotel is literally overshadowed by the tracks. No retail here. Many will think this is a rough neighborhood, especially at night, but I made the two-block trek to and from the subway station (A & C) many times and at all hours with no problems. LIRR is literally outside the hotel's front door.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Scott H
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our BEST WESTERN PLUS - ARENA HOTEL. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. -

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just returned from this hotel...thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Disagree with othe reviewers who described area as 'slums' & 'ghetto' and scary. It's Brooklyn...enough said! Felt completely safe. Close eateries are mostly local places although a few national fast food restaurants were within walking distance. Manhattan is less than 5 mins. away and there are so many museums, parks, shops, etc. within a few mins. Staff was extremely accommodating to me and my family. Went out of there way to provide us a large room and brought in an air mattress for my toddler. Only drawback was that the free breakfast was sorely lacking but with what we saved by staying here we were glad to walk down to Dunkin' Donuts for some real coffee =) My husband is from Brooklyn and in 12 yrs of being married this is the first time I've found clean, decent lodging for this price. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: get a room above the 1st floor. walls were sort of thin and could here desk staff talking during the night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank mistiblu1969
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We couldn't have said it better! Our repeat guest's frequent enough that they intimately know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I wanted to stay somewhere that wouldn't break my budget and this seemed to be of good value. I arrived after 1am and the woman on front desk was very friendly, checked me in fairly quickly and pointed me in the direction of my room. I'm not sure if it was because my whole trip was on a budget as some previous hotels had been shocking, but when I walked into the room I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a decent size, king size bed, iPod dock, flag screen tv, coffee machine and all of the hotel amenities you would expect. The next day I asked the man on front desk for directions to the subway and also received two maps and detailed directions of which train to get and where to get off! The front desk staff were very helpful with everything that I needed and the housekeeping team kept my room very clean. I'm a women in my early 20's and stayed here by myself and was frequently coming back to the hotel late at night and I never had ANY trouble with people in the neighbourhood. Admittedly when you first turn up it does look a little dodgy, but you soon realise that it is just aesthetics. It is a 5 minute walk to the subway and about 20 minutes on the A train to Columbus Circle. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012
7  Thank Tardis44
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.