“Very very good Irish Pub”
Review of Longbow Pub and Pantry - CLOSED

Longbow Pub and Pantry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2016

I went here with my wife for dinner and although when you first walk in it looks to be just a bar there is a nice area in the back with tables. For appetizers my wife had the "Devils on Horseback" Dates stuffed with almonds and wrapped with bacon, how can you go wrong with that combo. I had the Sausage roll which was their bangers wrapped in puff pastry also very good. For the main course my wire Fish & Chips which she loved. You get two large pieces of battered fish with chips. She barley finished. I had the Shepherds Pie Special which was a small pie with chips also very good and more than enough to fill me up. They also have an extensive beer list broken up by type, stout, ales, lagers, etc. Serice was fast and friendly. Would definitely go back especially to try so of their other meals.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit after reading about this Welsh-English pub online. I expected more. The signature steak and ale pie was dry and tasteless, made in advance and tasted nuked despite the menu claim that it takes time to prepare. I asked for British drinks, and they didn't have any. The waiter offered me Heineken's beer. That's English? The menu had an English pub selection but the burgers were popular that night. Decor is pubby and wood paneled. The place attracts soccer fans with the 3 big tv screens. Service is fast.

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Had a nice evening of pre dinner drinks and Appetizers. Numerous beer choices, domestic and imported. Sampled the bacon wrapped dates and Scottish eggs. Both were delicious. Nice waitress and a pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

Great to actually find this place. I cycled all the way from Chelsea to get here. :) The staff were really friendly. I met the owner who is from Wrexham in north Wales and was wearing a Welsh rugby top. Great to see a little bit of Wales in New York. Thanks again for the shot of Penderyn wiski. :D The chips/fries were lovely too. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Iaps
Reviewed March 15, 2016

excellent food excellent service, great beer and great entertainment we went there to watch Wales V England rugby match on the Saturday and a good sized crowd of people had the same idea the owner gives a very warm welcome to all