“Price & comfort”

Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Not spacious but clean & comfortable. Love the sleep inn breakfast bar. Owners & staff helpful with directions & advice. Laundromat 2 blocks away. If you are happy to walk a few blocks subway close by, but would avoid the subway & walking home late at night. If your stay is brief & want to visit Big Apple sites maybe go for something closer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank julaz62is

Reviewed April 9, 2013

After searching numerous over-priced NYC hotels, I found this little gem on orbitz for about $125 a night (with AAA discount). The reviews were all pretty good, so I decided to give it a shot. I was traveling through and would only need a place to sleep and shower for two nights. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. We arrived Saturday evening and they were having some manager's reception that all the guests were invited to. There was free beer, wine, veggie trays and chips and dip! I had a corona and some chips and hung out for a little before heading up to my room. I had a king size bed (very comfortable!) with white sheets and a white comforter (no polyester bullcrap bedspread). The room wasn't the most spacious, but we did have a closet with some drawers and a programmable safe. There was a mini fridge for storing our leftovers from dinner and a microwave that we could use in the dinning area. The breakfast was fine (nothing special), but nice to be able to grab a coffee, some fruit and a yogurt before heading out. I was lucky to get a parking spot right in front of the hotel, but there is plenty of parking across the street under the bridge. The next day I ventured out and found the subway stop just 3 blocks away (4th and 25th). I took the R to soho for some fabulous shopping and made it back in just 11 minutes. The area seems safe and convienant. I would recommend this place to travelers looking for a cheap, clean place for the night. Not so much for the honeymooners or luxury travelers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Sleep Inn on 22nd Street in Brooklyn in November 2012. The location was in a little neighborhood with the sub station not too far of a walk away. The first night we walked the neighborhood we carried a small container of pepper spray but after that we felt safe enough not to need it. We stayed 4 nights and never had a problem. The hotel is nothing fancy, and neither is the free breakfast, but nothing at all to complain about if all you are looking for is a cheaper place to sleep. Free wi-fi and it worked great, no problems with it. Our room was on the 2nd floor right by the elevator and never heard any noise from it and my bed was right on the elevator wall. Rooms are indeed small but we spent all day every day in Manhattan and other parts of the city. The bed: can't compliment them enough. Very comfortable, clean and slept like a baby. Front desk staff were not overly friendly but very professional and polite. Our last day it was raining and we wanted to go down to Canal Street for shopping and they loaned us an umbrella. We also asked if we could delay checkout one hour due to our car service not arriving until an hour after checkout and they had no problem with it and did not charge us extra. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My first time staying at Sleep Inn was back in March 2012 when I was looking for a place to live. This time, today, my place is without electricity at the moment and I have a guest coming from Ohio. I was in a pinch, and immediately looked up Sleep Inn - lo and behold, they had a room available!!

Once again, I am very pleased. Everything is clean and spacious. Check in was a breeze, the gentleman was nice. The walk from the train was pleasant, very quiet neighborhood, I felt pretty safe (and it's dark outside right now)

Plenty of places to eat on 4th ave as well and a bodega and laundry mat. Very thankful they had a room available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went to New York for a week and since hotels in Manhattan are quiete pricey we decided to stay the first two nights in Brooklyn before moving to a hotel in Manhattan. The Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown is relatively new, the rooms are small but with a good big bed and a big flatscreen. The hotel offers free wifi which worked fine in our room. Since it has no own restaurant you can order food from outside restaurants (they even have the brochures in the rooms). The breakfast was good. It was not comparable two a 4-star hotel in europe but it had yogurt, waffles, donughts and some other things. The walking time to the subway is roughly 10 minutes but the R-train is not the fastest and was partly disrupted by the hurricane. I thought that Manhattan is a much better place to stay but if you search for an economic alternative this is quite ok for a few nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nilmar25
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown in May 2012 with my friend. Location is slightly far from the subway line but it is still ok About 5 mins by walking. Reception is friendly enough, wi fi is good! They serve good breakfast especially the self made waffles. That was quite great! The price is a bit on the ex side if youre travelling alone but the amenities provided are ok. Basic toiletries are all provided for. There is also tourist information at the reception (maps, etc) Oh ya and newspaper as well. Overall i would say my experience at the hotel was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MdFadhil
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is perfectly managed place with efficient wi-fi and good breakfast (although you might want to avoid heating frozen fried eggs in the microwave). Due to Sandy hurricane, connections with Manhattan were not so great, but it is still a nice residential area with some convenient shops around. Stayed for a week, everything was OK.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business