“Took away from a special weekend...”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were excited to have gotten a great 'deal' at a four star hotel and thought this would be the perfect end to our trip. In the end, the hotel was the biggest disappointment of our experience. Room was very small (no problem understand its the city), but the experience of customer service was where it was not a four star. Some at the hotel were very helpful with the trip, but we were told we would have free internet in the room as a 'thank you' for staying----after trying to log on throughout the night we called down and found out that the internet is only good if you are in the lobby. No problem. After, we need to make some food for our child---called down to ask for some silverware---first time was asked if we ordered room service---when I said no they said it was no possible. Tried to call down again and got no reply. If you choose the valet service for the car it takes 5-10 minutes to get your car brought to you----its more like 15-20 minutes so call way ahead. I have stayed in this hotel before and felt like the online hotel booking company we used inflated the price big time. As I thought I got a great deal, it turned in to one thing after another. I would recommend saving your money and going to another place that values customer service, wants your business, and willing to give you 4 star quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank s b
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Showed up at 1 am after paying the most expensive cab fare ever coming from EWE, through Manhattan to Brooklyn...only to wait in long line and get told that they have a heating problem and will need to put us up in a midtown hotel. No call, no email, no communication...and now we wait for who knows how long for a taxi to take us back through manhattan. And the night manager apparently has zero authority to compensate at all. Very annoying and depending on how the day manager handles this, we may never stay here again...more to come.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lisan2007
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Usually I don't have the opportunity to stay at Sheraton hotels in the Starwood lineup due to company restraints and events planned by others. However, I found this hotel to be a nice break in the tradition of a couple of old Sheraton hotels I've been at the long ago past.

Glad there is a restaurant in the hotel. Convenient, with normal kind of bar fare and pricing for New York.

Hotel does have a member lounge, but that cost was going to be an additional $25.00 a day which I don't have to have, and I'm a gold member with Starwood. I wouldn't call that great at all.

Room Tip: Check your room rates each week because they do change quite frequently. Let them know if you can g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Denise L, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the public. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and for also writing this great review. Thank you and we hope you have reached your destination safely.

Denise Luna

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel very much. We paid an extra $25 a day for access to the business/club lounge, and it was absolutely worth it. It included breakfast, evening appetizers, and round the clock sodas, water, coffee, and hot chocolate. There is also a large TV and plenty of seating. We made liberal use of all of the above. The kids also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The fitness center is well equipped and above average. The restaurant at the hotel is very convenient, although we had mixed results with the menu. It was certainly nice on a few occasions not having to go out in the snow searching for food. The rooms were not huge, but we visited Brooklyn for a vacation, not to hang out in a room. One note, the electrical outlets in the room were strangely wide, and it wasn't easy to charge our phones in a few of them. No other complaints about the room, the bathroom/shower/beds/TV, etc. were all fine. Not luxury, but completely acceptable. The location is terrific, and it's just a short walk to a number of subway stops. We had a room on one of the top few floors with a terrific view. The staff were almost uniformly polite and helpful (one morning the breakfast lady was in a baaaad mood), and assisted us whenever we had questions. Not much to say bad. We didn't like that Internet access was not free (so we didn't use it), and we felt 9am was too early to stop breakfast, especially for families with kids up late the night before. Some mornings you had to get there before 8:30 to make sure there was enough food left. Looking at some of the negative reviews, I can't help but ask what some of these people expected. If you're a prima donna, spend more money and look elsewhere. For a good hotel with good value, this is the place for you. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, and will stay there again the next time I am in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SDK400
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I was here the night before a trial. The bellman and valet parker were prompt and helpful. The desk staff was efficient and pleasant. The room was clean and serviceable. A little small. A little light on desk space. It was quiet and the internet worked well. A quick walk to Court. Not a boutique spot. Kinda generic. But perfect for getting work done and then getting a good nights sleep.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Leonardo F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you had a beautiful, relaxing and stress-free time during your recent stay. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton Brooklyn for over a year now, week to week. I enjoy staying here because of the amazing customer service I receive. Specifically, the Club Lounge Manager, Wanda, exceeds my expectations every day. I refer to Wanda as "Mama" because she always makes sure I have everything I need to get my day off to a great start. She is incredible! I don't know how she deals with all of us demanding business travelers, but she does it every day with such a caring attitude.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side of the hotel on a high floor (17 or higher) (e.g., 1701, 1703, 1705) have a vi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the public. I am pleased to learn that you are very loyal and have an awesome time during your visits. We strive for our associates to exceed our guests' expectations and I am so happy that Wanda manages to do that for you at all times. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future. Please take the time to visit us on our website and share your review on our site.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I came here with my fiancé for an extended weekend and I don't even know where to begin. The room had a noise in it coming from the heater that did not go away even when we shut it off. The staff was extremely rude. When we called in for room service they would barely let you finish your sentence and they would never bring enough silverware for two! They did not bring salt and pepper and when I called to ask them to bring it up they hung up on my face without giving me a chance to explain that they forgot to give us spoons for our soup either. The power outlets are too big to fit normal US electronic devices in them. In order to charge my iPhone and Macbook Pro I had to prop up books underneath and manage a juggling act so that the chargers would not fall out as the outlets are way too big. The internet was extremely slow and it was extremely hard for me to take care of my business needs. The business / club lounge is a joke. The coffee was cold and I had to call down to the front desk to have them bring milk or creamer for it as there was none in the fridge. They had just one type of granola bar (some off brand) and no other refreshments / snack. They put out quesadillas in the evening with some guacamole and chips which was enough to feed 10 people max and that was it. I have stayed at many SPG properties but this makes me rethink my future stays at all Sheratons.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business