Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
$200
$193
Agoda.com
1,249 results
All reviewsthe club loungenew yorkself parkfulton mallduffield streetstarbucks coffeecheesecakestatue of libertyjay stfront desk stafftwo blockscar servicebarclays centersubway stationrooftop barlobbynyc
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel during my weekly business visits for the last 2 years. The hotel has consistently met my expectations as a business traveller, however, the overall service and especially the club lounge manager Wanda has exceeded my expectations. Wanda makes a point to make sure all her guests are made to comfortable and goes out of her way to help any way she can.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed at this Sheraton two times (four nights) in the past few months. Both stays have been less than expected. I usually book the two budget hotels on this same street (Aloft and Hotel Indigo) but they were full on the nights I needed to visit NYC.

Sheraton Brooklyn advertises (on multiple sites) that they have free Wifi but then charge for its use. When both of the budget hotels can provide free, high-quality Wifi, I find it odd that the Sheraton cannot even though they advertise it. When I mentioned to the front desk that their website and the site I booked on said "Free Internet," I was literally laughed at and the front desk agent said "No, Sir, can you not afford the fee?" I could afford the fee and it would have even been reimbursed by my employed but I make a note to not pay for Wifi fees unless absolutely necessary. Instead, I went to the restaurant across the street and the Aloft bar and they let me use their Wifi for free.

The rooms were fine and as expected for Brooklyn. They are a bit smaller than the standard Sheraton rooms.

During one stay, I never received any room cleaning service. When I mentioned this, I was told that I had requested to not have service, this was not accurate.

My biggest issue is that I made multiple attempts to reach out to this hotel but received no response about my bad experiences. I am willing to believe that I just had two bad experiences and this hotel is usually great. However, I would have liked a response from the hotel's administration to inform me of that and try to make it right. I did not even receive a quick e-mail response. I would not stay here again - go to Aloft (another SPG property) or Hotel Indigo which are both within 100 feet of this hotel on Duffield Street.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JeremyL428
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn with convenient access to many subways (2, 3, B, D, N, Q, R, A, C and F within a few minutes’ walk), which allow you access to Manhattan within minutes. This neighborhood is in the process of becoming safer and friendlier, efforts since the Giuliani administration, though there is still quite a bit of crime here at night. You don’t want to wander too far from your hotel in the evening; if you do, make sure you are not alone. There are a few restaurants in the area, more popping up every year, though your best bet is to get food elsewhere. There are a lot of shops along the Fulton Street Mall, though you’re best doing your shopping elsewhere.

The size of the room will vary depending on where you stay on the floor, and what floor you are on based on status. The rooms I experienced were very nice, exceeding most of my expectations for that price point. The bed was super comfortable, everything from the mattress to the pillows. Nice LCD TV with a good variety of channels. Two new water bottles delivered to the room daily. The bathrooms were very large. My favorite part of this hotel, after the comfortable beds, are the views. Depending on the floor, and the direction your room faces, you may have a spectacular view of either Brooklyn, Manhattan or the Status of Liberty.

The staff is friendly enough, there are free papers in the lobby, which is also connected to a Starbucks. There is also Wi-Fi (free if included in your rate) in the room and the lobby. There is a nice sized gym for a hotel, which is across the hall from a decent sized pool and a hot tub. They also have a lounge for their preferred guests, which is stocked with tea and granola bars and has a computer for shared use.

It’s a nice hotel; if you are a Sheraton person, go for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank IchBesorgeDasBier
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Last night, I asked Miguel at the front desk to have some coffee supplies delivered to my room. Exceeding my expectations....he called and followed up with me in about 10 minutes to make sure that my request was delivered! Awesome!

Tonight, after returning from work, I went to the second floor to see what was being provided for dinner. Caesar salad, pasta and teriyaki chicken wings! Great! Exceeding my expectations...providing wrapped 'real' silverware! Even more awesome! Definitely added a touch of class to the meal! Thanks Wanda for all you do to make our stay even better.

Room Tip: If you don't like a warm room, ask for one on the lower floors. If it's summertime, ask for a room with a patio! They are really nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've been here for business every other week for 2 months and really got taken care by staff. Victor at the front desk and Wanda the club manager as we'll as other staff really go out of there way to make sure room is set up and club is fully stocked. Special requests for food and room amenities were quickly resolved. Thanks guys!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business