“Look Past the Neighborhood” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Calabasas, California
“Look Past the Neighborhood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a hotel that was assembled from a couple of different buildings in a neighborhood that is trying to move into upgrade mode. It's not there yet. Construction around us was noisy and inconvenient. Major streets nearby still have a grimy city feel to them. On the plus side, subway stations are close-by and getting to Manhattan or other parts of Brooklyn is easy and quick. People were pretty friendly, but there were a few small issues: we wanted snacks in the bar one night, but the computer system said that at 11:02 PM, we were past the 11 o'clock cutoff for ordering food, so no dice. Both exercise bikes in the gym had some form or minor malfunction. Breakfast (free) was pretty good, but they ran out of granola and said "sorry, there is no more."

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up have less street noise, but the lower levels have suites and larger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denise L, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Brooklyn, we value your feedback as it will allow my Team and I to continue to practice and provide our guest with great customer service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience encountered during your recent stay and hope you can provide us a second opportunity. We have replaced the parts needed to fix the equipment in our fitness room and I have addressed the services provided to you with our restaurant associates. I will continue to work closely with my team and provide them with the support and resources they need to effectively execute and deliver excellent customer service. Thank you and I hope you have reached your destination safely. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Sheraton Brooklyn New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
Leawood, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Staff shrugged rather than opening closed elevators despite >20 minute waits. Lobby Starbucks and car service (no taxi stand) also took too long,spoiling the nice location and rooms. Good value on prepaid internet rates and front desk gave in room WiFi for free. Loud rooftop club not our scene, would have preferred quiet city views.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill B
I thank you for your recent stay; I apologize for the inconvenience encountered. We were experiencing minor problems with our elevators and we have worked closely with our third party elevator company to ensure the problem was corrected. I thank you for providing us with feedback that will allow us to rectify these challenges. I would like to further discuss your recent experience with you, please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you safe travel.

Sheraton Brooklyn
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a lovely hotel just outside New York City in Brooklyn, NY. Stayed one night but appreciated the closeness to family and the big city. Nice, comfortable bed, clean, and very quiet. Great price for a Sunday night.

Room Tip: Definitely eat breakfast outside the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am extremely happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us, at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share with the public your experience. I hope to see you soon.

Regards

Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel
Cartersville, Georgia USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is obviously a business hotel but it was wonderful to stay a night with family coming over to swim and eat. We booked the internet pre-paid rate...be sure to notice the NYC tax rate. Friendly and efficient front desk staff checked us in quickly to a very nice corner room with a view of the Statue of LiIberty (it is not close but nice to see). It was a Starwood Preferred Guest floor so it would be an advantage to join their program. Large bed that slept nicely, good tv and shower...all comfortable. Ice and vending machines alternate floors so you might have to go up or down to get what you want.
The only negative is that wifi is pay in the rooms...sure sign of a business hotel because business travelers just put that cost back on their employers. Even cheap hotels have free wifi now but not the expensive hotels. I did have problems getting on wifi down in the lobby but didn't ask for help so not sure if it was me or the system.
Swimming pool can fill up...we were there Sunday evening during the summer so lots of people with kids. The pool is nice and there was a life guard on duty. Hot tub for 8 people also. We didn't use the exercise room but it had dumbells, bands etc. and room to do body weight or yoga exercises.
Location is downtown Brooklyn, within walking distance of the Brooklyn Bridge. Three subway stations are within a couple blocks so you can reach anywhere in NYC easily.
To sum up, nice room, great amenities and good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room high up with a view of the Statue. Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thank you for this great review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the minor inconveniences you experienced with the WiFi in our lobby, and would have wished you had informed one of our fabulous associates to assist you. We are here to provide you with excellent customer service you deserve. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you really soon.

Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed for here for a full week . In all fairness the rooms were nice , good amenities, spacious, clean, thank there was a good gym
However!
- the pillows were very uncomfortable
- no free wifi for general guest rooms
- the front dsk were disorganized and were not forth coming with me for example being a club member I had free access to Internet which I was not told about and paid $35 for. I was also not told I had access to coffee/ tea 24/7 in clubs room on level 2
-the breakfast service was inconsistent. More often than not cold coffee.. They were either out of bread or bagels or had no cereal .. Had to ask specifically like it was a Favour.
- also no fridge it costs $10 a day to keep food refrigerated ? Again for almost $200 a night you'd think they have better services on offer

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Silversparrow3427
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We have made some changes to our food and beverage department. Your concerns have been shared with my associates as we would like to provide our guests with the best experience possible. I hope you are able to stay with us again to see the great things we have to offer. I am sure you will be quite pleased.

Warm Regards,
Management Team
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Brooklyn for a few weeks last September because it was down the street from the office. The rooms were nice and spacious, especially on the Club Level, with good views if you can get a floor high enough to see over the nearby buildings. The gym was nice. I found the elevators were always REALLY slow and people were often waiting for them. Service was hit or miss - sometimes you got someone really nice checking you in, sometimes you didn't.

The restaurant is decent, what you would expect from a hotel restaurant. I ordered room service frequently and the food was good, the people were nice, but sometimes really slow. A couple times I had to wait upwards of an hour (I usually ate grilled cheese or noodles...shouldnt take that long).

The neighborhood is okay. Lots of professionals out during the day, but at night...it gets a little creepy. (I live in Philadelphia and I didn't feel entirely comfortable walking around this area at night alone.) I would HIGHLY recommend that if you do not have to be in this immediate area, just stay in Manhattan and take the subway over. It only takes about 20 minutes from mid-Manhattan (where more touristy areas are).

Room Tip: If you're SPG, request a Club Level floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kay Y
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently stayed here with a friend after a concert at the Barclays Center. First, the location, while close to Barclays, is not in a great area. No taxis come down this tiny street so if you need one, you have to walk up to Flatbush. "Valet" parking was the most inefficient operation of any hotel I've ever stayed at...and felt like a scam. No bellmen to assist with luggage. Our room was located directly between 2 elevator banks so it couldn't have been any worse. Checkout was also inefficient with long lines and only 2 front desk agents.

The lobby is bizarre...Starbuck's takes up half of it and desks with computers take up the rest of it. Returned to the hotel on a Sunday afternoon and wanted to grab a Starbuck's...but it closes at 2:00 pm!!!!!! What's the point of that? They have a business taking up half of their lobby that isn't even open during normal hours.

Unfortunately, would not recommend this hotel...and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bls213
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. I have shared your concerns with my associates as we strive to bring our guests the best experience possible. We have great amenities to offer and we would love an opportunity to show what we can provide. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,