“Great location”

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Paris, France
“Great location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in Brooklyn for a flying visit and so as I didn't use the hotel other than to sleep and shower i'm not in a position to review its facilities. It is however in a fantastic location and the customer service was really very very good. I received one of the most genuine welcomes i've had in a while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
How very nice to read " you received one of the warmest welcomes ever." That really is what hospitality is all about Thank you for your review and for your Starwood loyalty

Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just spent two night at the Sheraton Brooklyn. It's a very friendly place to stay. All the staff are more than willing to help. The room was very clean and comfortable. It's close to a subway stop so convenient for getting around, and also close to the Fulton Street Mall so there are plenty of restaurants and stores in the area. The only negative I could see is that there is no free wi-fi in the rooms. It is free in the lobby where there's also free printing. Definitely a very good option for Downtown Brooklyn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Five stars. Wow. You just made my day. Thank you so much for your Starwood loyalty and be sure to come back and visit soon

Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there recently 4-5 days - customer service in this hotel can be really superb but can also show dramatic lack of experience in dealing with customers. Couple of misses I pointed out to the desk staff and the manager (Marie) approached me when she heard about them and apologized, then followed up with a phone call. A nice touch and clearly someone working to up the game at this hotel. Kudos to her and the front desk staff (especially the young guy with glasses from Astoria Queens whose name I did not get - he was a customer service star).

Restaurant is just ok. Neighborhood is downtown Brooklyn - nothing quaint or artisanal here, but regular storefronts and chain restaurants. Hotel is on a street that is in transition, subway a few blocks away. Safe but not obviously so yet....would probably stay here again - sadly the rooms are super super small, typical of the Sheraton with way too much big furniture, and in this case dingy carpets in the rooms and hallway. If they change this (update carpetting) its a winner.
Overall a good option trying really hard to get better.

Room Tip: On most floors there are two rooms that face the elevator doors.....so these might be noisier.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank velo007
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for recognizing our efforts to get service over the top, providing a rating of 4 and stating you would come back when your travels bring you to the Brooklyn area. There is nothing that makes a manager happier than hearing those words.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just would like to keep it short and brief and say I will be returning to stay at this hotel , I attended my friends wedding reception that was held in Brooklyn and we drove all the way from Maryland to stay here to receive a memorable experience the staff is very pleasant especially the tall young lady who check us out today by the name sakiyma very very very sweet amazing young lady the beds was so comfortable I ask for a late check out because me and my husband just couldn't seem to get up I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
OK Ill admit it...two of my favoritsest words...DEFINATELY RETURNING!!!

Thank you so very much for your review and for recognizing the great work of our team...I will be certain to pass your comments along to Zakema

Thank you also for being Starwood loyal and we lok forward to being your host in the near future.

New York City
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here back in january. Dead of winter. And it was a pleasant stay. You are literally steps away from the subway. There's a macy's down the street. And several restaurants in walking distance including applebees, juniors, Dallas bbq. Brooklyn Terrace lounge is on a different floor in this hotel. The hotel has a lounge and restaurant on its main floor which we went for drinks. We went into the heated (yes heated pool)...and jacuzzi. the gym looked really maintained as well.

Some people said the neighborhood is sketchy. Uhhh i guess that depends on what you're used to. I've lived in NYC for years...and that is NOT my definition of a sketchy neighborhood. If you're coming to BKLYN...You're not in the suburbs anymore

Now the rooms are gorgeous. I can't believe some people complain about the size of these rooms in NYC!!? really. This room was pretty spacious compared to the closets I have seen in manhattan. And the fact that everything is modern and updated makes it better. The service here could be better....and the lobby is not as small as some people complained about either. I was expecting some kinda roach motel lobby but it was super chic inside. I would come back here again and again and again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Poochie167
Glad to here you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back. Come visit during the week as well.

Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is our second trip to the Sheraton in Brooklyn. We love it here. The staff are welcoming, helpful and courteous. We have now dubbed it "home away from home" in NYC. The manager is very nice and takes an interest the hotel guests. We were sorry to miss her this time, but that is our fault with a busy schedule and short trip.

We enjoyed the Club Lounge again and it made our stay so much more relaxing. The pool was fun for our son and daughter.

The SUBWAY IS SO CLOSE to anywhere you want to go. The 2-3 line into Manhattan is less than a block away! We went all over - from the High-Line Park to the Botanical Gardens, from all over Manhattan to DUMBO - with ease. This is our favorite and only go-to hotel when we stay in these parts.

If you stay here, and we hope you do, you won't be disappointed - and bring the kids - they are very family friendly here.

Thanks again, Marie!

The Randall Family

Room Tip: We like having access to the Club Room, especially with kids. It makes breakfast, snacks and a light...
1 Thank ClanRan
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Ahhhh the Randall Family ...Even before this review, you were on my official list of FAVORITE GUESTS...You have now risen to the very top.

Let me know when you will be back in Brooklyn

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent there 1 night this weekend.
Clean! Looks newly renovated. Staff is helpful and very polite.
No smells (important for us, my wife is very sensitive to smells).
Comfortable beds! (I agree with lot of other reviewers saying that). Everything worked perfect in the room. What else to wish from hotel for short term?
We didn't check gym & pool.
We also didn't try the breakfast (for that price we found other option).
Parking is ~$30 on parallel street (if you park yourself. add few extra backs for valet parking).
Walking distance to Brooklyn bridge (~15 min, the-must attraction)! Walking distance to few subway station for Manhattan routes. Short ride to Manhattan.
For the price I managed to get online - that was a great deal!

Negative? Was none for us. But we used the place just to sleep and to go from here to Manhattan. The surroundings... well, we didn't feel it dangerous, but it also is not super-nice.
May be due to some constructions near by. We also didn't explore Brooklyn itself, so I don't know what's interesting is around.

I definitely consider staying here again while visiting NY.
Probably next time we'll devote some time to Brooklyn itself.

Some reviewers complained on street direction changing and GPS are not updated.
Well, on the hotel website there are directions. Follow them, and you easily find the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for higher flow (hoping to get a view). We got rooms on floors 15 & 16. Well, the same...
1 Thank Bostonskii
Four words a GM loves to hear...

I Will Be Back!!

Great thank you so much for the great review