“Definitely returning!”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just would like to keep it short and brief and say I will be returning to stay at this hotel , I attended my friends wedding reception that was held in Brooklyn and we drove all the way from Maryland to stay here to receive a memorable experience the staff is very pleasant especially the tall young lady who check us out today by the name sakiyma very very very sweet amazing young lady the beds was so comfortable I ask for a late check out because me and my husband just couldn't seem to get up I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

OK Ill admit it...two of my favoritsest words...DEFINATELY RETURNING!!!

Thank you so very much for your review and for recognizing the great work of our team...I will be certain to pass your comments along to Zakema

Thank you also for being Starwood loyal and we lok forward to being your host in the near future.

Marie Kupfer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here back in january. Dead of winter. And it was a pleasant stay. You are literally steps away from the subway. There's a macy's down the street. And several restaurants in walking distance including applebees, juniors, Dallas bbq. Brooklyn Terrace lounge is on a different floor in this hotel. The hotel has a lounge and restaurant on its main floor which we went for drinks. We went into the heated (yes heated pool)...and jacuzzi. the gym looked really maintained as well.

Some people said the neighborhood is sketchy. Uhhh i guess that depends on what you're used to. I've lived in NYC for years...and that is NOT my definition of a sketchy neighborhood. If you're coming to BKLYN...You're not in the suburbs anymore

Now the rooms are gorgeous. I can't believe some people complain about the size of these rooms in NYC!!? really. This room was pretty spacious compared to the closets I have seen in manhattan. And the fact that everything is modern and updated makes it better. The service here could be better....and the lobby is not as small as some people complained about either. I was expecting some kinda roach motel lobby but it was super chic inside. I would come back here again and again and again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poochie167

Glad to here you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back. Come visit during the week as well.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is our second trip to the Sheraton in Brooklyn. We love it here. The staff are welcoming, helpful and courteous. We have now dubbed it "home away from home" in NYC. The manager is very nice and takes an interest the hotel guests. We were sorry to miss her this time, but that is our fault with a busy schedule and short trip.

We enjoyed the Club Lounge again and it made our stay so much more relaxing. The pool was fun for our son and daughter.

The SUBWAY IS SO CLOSE to anywhere you want to go. The 2-3 line into Manhattan is less than a block away! We went all over - from the High-Line Park to the Botanical Gardens, from all over Manhattan to DUMBO - with ease. This is our favorite and only go-to hotel when we stay in these parts.

If you stay here, and we hope you do, you won't be disappointed - and bring the kids - they are very family friendly here.

Thanks again, Marie!

The Randall Family

Room Tip: We like having access to the Club Room, especially with kids. It makes breakfast, snacks and a light...
1  Thank ClanRan
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Ahhhh the Randall Family ...Even before this review, you were on my official list of FAVORITE GUESTS...You have now risen to the very top.

Let me know when you will be back in Brooklyn

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent there 1 night this weekend.
Clean! Looks newly renovated. Staff is helpful and very polite.
No smells (important for us, my wife is very sensitive to smells).
Comfortable beds! (I agree with lot of other reviewers saying that). Everything worked perfect in the room. What else to wish from hotel for short term?
We didn't check gym & pool.
We also didn't try the breakfast (for that price we found other option).
Parking is ~$30 on parallel street (if you park yourself. add few extra backs for valet parking).
Walking distance to Brooklyn bridge (~15 min, the-must attraction)! Walking distance to few subway station for Manhattan routes. Short ride to Manhattan.
For the price I managed to get online - that was a great deal!

Negative? Was none for us. But we used the place just to sleep and to go from here to Manhattan. The surroundings... well, we didn't feel it dangerous, but it also is not super-nice.
May be due to some constructions near by. We also didn't explore Brooklyn itself, so I don't know what's interesting is around.

I definitely consider staying here again while visiting NY.
Probably next time we'll devote some time to Brooklyn itself.

Some reviewers complained on street direction changing and GPS are not updated.
Well, on the hotel website there are directions. Follow them, and you easily find the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for higher flow (hoping to get a view). We got rooms on floors 15 & 16. Well, the same...
1  Thank Bostonskii

Four words a GM loves to hear...

I Will Be Back!!

Great thank you so much for the great review

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here while visiting a friend who was working in downtown Brooklyn. The rooms are very small, but the beds are comfortable and the amenities are on the "new" side. Very close to subway lines to get to Manhattan (or anywhere else in the city).

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank IggyTwig

Glad to hear you enjoyed our world renowned Sweet sleeper beds.
We look forward to being your host in the near future

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My future daughter-in-law blocked what she thought was 20 rooms at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, only to find out she had 10 and now she has had to scramble to another Brooklyn Hotel and as a result of the miscommunications of the event coordinator at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel. We have both tried to email this coordinator and call with no response from her in return. She never wanted her wedding guests to be located at different locations, but now this is what is happening as a result of the lack of communication from this event coordinator. She was also told that if she wanted to reserve another block of rooms, they would be much more expensive.

1  Thank JoyKel
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Your review came to me just a few moments ago and I wanted to be certain I responded quickly. First and foremost, congratulations on your upcoming wedding and we look forward to being your host. Rates do fluctuate based upon season and demand but I would like to speak with you personally to more fully explain this process.

Please contact my office directly so we may discuss with our event coordinator.

917-281-5188

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very luxurious hotel with exquisite amenities for a reasonable price. The complimentary food and beverages were amazing at this hotel. The well stocked drink cooler and Starbucks coffee bar were like no other hotel I've been too. The pool and hot tub were nice, but small. The rooms were immaculate with tasteful modern design. Parking is sort of a pain and the staff member I spoke to about parking was very unhelpful. Valet parking is available at an extra fee. Overall this place is great, and I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traveldiva_90

Great to hear you will be back soon. Be sure to track me down so I can say a personal hello.