“Nice place to stay in Brooklyn”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed the weekend at the Sheraton in Brooklyn. Although it was frustrating to find the street, with all of the one-way streets the location turned out to be quite convenient. Close to shopping, Juniors restaurant, and downtown, we were in the heart of Brooklyn. The room was very comfortable, clean, with a nice view.The bathroom was modern, shower was hot and strong. The nights were quiet and the bed was great. Free cookies for everyone available in lobby. A few negatives: the restaurant/bar was dark and a bit depressing. The lobby was a nice gathering place, but large crowds were hanging around the desk causing the automatic door to stay open and letting in alot of cold winter air- a bit irritating. We visited the Aloft hotel next door the lobby was fun to hang out. Also, I wish there was a fridge in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thanks for mentioning the sheraton is a nice place to visit. We think so too and it's a great place to work. It sounds like you enjoyed our world famous sweet sleeper mattresses and juniors. Next time be sure to walk over to the Brooklyn Bridge for some Grimaldi's pizza and breathtaking views of Manhattan And of course check the calendar in advance to see what upcoming shows or games
are coming into the Barclay Center

Marie Kupfer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here during Easter weekend 2013. This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn and is very close to several subway stops. Everything is in walking distance. As far as my room, it was very small, but very clean and nice. I stayed in a King room on the 19th floor and had a pretty nice view of the city. The beds are super confortable and cozy. I have one minor gripe. There needs to be a microwave for guest to use. A few nights, I brought back takeout. I was able to store it on ice from the ice machine, but when I asked about a microwave, guest services directed me to use the one at the Aloft Hotel next door. I thought that was a little odd. The lack of questions and stares when I entered the Aloft lobby, had me to believe the staff was accostom to guest coming in to use their appliances. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definetely stay here again. BTW: They charge for internet service. While I was there it was $5/ hr or $15 for 24 hours.

Room Tip: They have 4 elevator doors on each floor, so it can be difficult to find a room away from them. I wo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Another great stay over the holidays at the Sheraton Brooklyn. Good to hear and happy belated Easter. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, product and location and thank you for the suggestion regarding the microwave. I have passed the word along to our food and beverage team.

Be sure to come back and visit soon

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arrived on a late flight to JFK and wanted an affordable place to crash before embarking on my NY visit to Manhattan. I would recommend this hotel to others with similar circumstances but not as a place for an extended stay.

Room (on SPG Preferred Floor) was smaller than expected and furnishings/decor not what I expected for a newer hotel. You can do better for less money by staying at the Aloft next door which I have done previously. Elevators are extremely slow at all hours. Had lunch at the bar in the onsite restaurant. Service was extremely slow and food overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sf2world

Thanks for reviewing the Sheraton as well as our sister property right next door, the Aloft, another Starwood branded hotel. Both provide brand new accommodations along with an opportunity to earn SPG points.

Of course be sure to visit the Brooklyn Bridge and attend an event at the newly opened Barclay Center

Safe travels and e look forward to being your host in the near future

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a pretty good much-needed hotel in downtown Brooklyn. It's within a few steps of two other boutique hotels, but it had a better rate for a one-night stay, and I wanted reliability over cool-ness. The rooms are well-designed, very comfy beds and bathroom, really nice gym, pool, and for Starwood Guests (not me) a club lounge. Super helpful staff, and spacious lobby. The restaurant tries hard (very pretty), but the staff argued loudly among themselves (!). A great car service is right out the door, along with a parking lot. Pretty close to all subway stops. Close to trendy Atlantic Avenue and Smith Street. Use GPS if you're driving; it's hard to find.

Room Tip: Get on a high floor, for a vista toward the East.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ppasick
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review especially recognizing our staff. We look forward to being your host in teh near future.

Marie

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as a base for our first trip to NYC. There was a lot of construction in the area and our cab driver had trouble finding the hotel. As a result our cab fare was pretty high and we explained the situation to the lady at the front desk when checking in. She was very sympathetic and offered to allow us access to their lounge for breakfast and snacks every day. The breakfast offered was buffet style and offered oatmeal, eggs and sometimes roasted potatoes. they also had cereal, bagels and yogurt. Fresh coffee, unlimited beverages and an espresso machine were also provided. The room was overlooking a construction site but was very clean and comfortable. It was less than a 5 minute walk to the subway and there were a variety of restaurants in the nearby promenade. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Mike Williams-Barrie, ON

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike W

Wow what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your time in detailing your visit to the Sheraton. The area is going through a huge growth surge with shops, restaurants, residential and commercial buildings and of course the newly opened Barclay Center.

Be sure to come visit very soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very spacious, comfy room. Big, fluffy beds. Beautiful bathroom with the best shower I had across my 4 weeks in America and many hotels. Close to subway stations and around the corner from the shops in Brooklyn. Nice hotel, would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank viaipi
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Those sweet sleeper mattresses get so many accolades. Truly the best in our industry.

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing such a wonderful review. We look forward to being your host again in the near future

Reviewed March 10, 2013

After our disastrous attempt to stay at this place, we were promised a refund. Every month, we would call and be promised that the refund would show up on our credit card statement. Every month, nothing would happen.
Finally, we got the response to the review posted by the hotel, promising special service. I called the manager who posted the response, and I finally got my refund.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for your note and I'm glad we were able to get your refund handled. My apologies for any delay or inconvenience we may have caused

Safe travels