“Downtown Brooklyn! OMG!”

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Chicago, Illinois
“Downtown Brooklyn! OMG!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went to a Brooklyn Nets game at Jay Z's new arena and stayed at the this Sheraton. They allowed me to check in at like 10:30AM without me even asking them for that accommodation. Room was spectacular with a view of the river and the Statue of Liberty! Free drink at the bar (great staff). I can not wait to get back to this hotel for fun weekend in Downtown Brooklyn!

Room Tip: High floor of course.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jahmala
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
You are correct in that Brooklyn is going through a spectacular transformation. We are thrilled to be part of this and to have been your host. Please come back and visit soon

Safe travels

Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My friend who has a new baby had several special requests. We were put in adjoining rooms, the crib and refrigerator were in the room upon our check-in and they accomodated our request for a late check-out due to the baby's nap schedule. What a delight the entire stay was and everyone was very helpful. they even called us a few hours before check-out to see if they could arrange for transportation or if there was anything else they could do for us. I really felt this hotel's staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmillia15
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing our staff. We work tirelessly at exceeding guest expectations each and every day. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to being your host in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live in Manhattan, and my friend stayed at the Sheraton Brooklyn for a wedding, which I joined to babysit. I'm not a Brooklyn expert, but would say the location is very good. Walking distance to multiple subway lines and shopping and restaurant areas. The hotel is new and very clean. The service was also great- they called the night before check out to see if we needed any assistance the following day with transportation or anything. If you're going to Brooklyn, the Sheraton is great.

Room Tip: The connecting room gave us stroller parking
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank adriennejubb
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
"The best in Brooklyn.", Wow that is quite a description. Thank you so much. I will be certain to share your kind words with thei entire staff

We look forward to being your host in the near future

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My assistant picked this hotel because it was half way between my business appointment and LaGuardia Airport, this I had minimal expectations. From the time I walked in off the street ( I took the R subway from Lower Manhattan to withing 1 block) the staff was outstanding. Friendly,explained everything about my room, the hotel amenities, the club lounge and the restaurant, asked about any special needs or requests, booked a car for me to the airport the next morning and updated my Starwood profile. It was a very cold night so I decided to order room service...a simple burger and fries but it was delivered to my room in 20 minutes, it was excellent and the fried were still hot! That evening when the battery in my computer mouse died, I went down to the front desk and asked where the nearest place to buy batteries was - did I mention it was 12 degrees and howling outside? They called the hotel engineer who had them for me in no time.At 9 PM the front desk called just to check on me and ask if I wanted anything, e.g a wake up call. The room was average size for a New York City property but it was immaculate! The bathroom had been recently refitted the bedding was very comfortable. My only complaint is that a business class hotel should not charge for in-room interet .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mangonboat
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
What a wonderful review for a General Manager to wake up to on a Saturday morning. Thank you so much for all the wonderful accolades about the hotel and staff.

We look forward to being your host.

Herefordshire
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The pool was closed. The parking cost a fortune. The GPS couldn't find it as a new one-way system had been introduced in the area, so we roamed around for ages unable to actually reach the hotel. The staff were preoccupied and inattentive. The room was small for the price. Poky little lobby. I won't go there again in a hurry. I expected better of Sheraton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kaluvesu
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding a recent stay at the Sheraton. Would you be so kind to contact my office directly so I may clarify the issues that came up during your time with us.

My direct dial is 917-281-5188

Marie Kupfer

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Hoersholm, Denmark
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The location is ideal for exploring both Brooklyn and Manhattan. Metro and shopping is close by as well as many eateries. Our hotel room was small, indeed a little too small for a 6 nights stay a family of four with two teens. Pricing was fair though, so we would likely stay here again at later visits as we prefer Brooklyn to Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bernbom
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We prefer Brooklyn to Manhattan as well :) We look forward to being your host in the near future.

Best Regards
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here several times, the most recent was 12/2012. Short subway ride from Manhattan, and a good value compared to Manhattan Hotels and also the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott - one of the times I stayed here the room price was about a third of what the Marriott was charging. Several ethnic restaurants/deli carryout places nearby. Club Room had an institutional feel but had hot and cold appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the am. Room size was fine and room was clean. My only issue was that every time I stayed here the air freshener/cleaners that were used were overpowering - my sense is anyone with issues with perfumes etc would have an issue here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 150nightsperyr
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line. In the event a guest has allergies and or prefers not to have a freshener used in their rooms, our Executive Housekeeper will gladly oblige.

Keep travelling to Brooklyn and we look forward to being your host.