“Comfortable and convenient at a good price, great service”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We chose this hotel because it is close to family in downtown Manhattan but a LOT cheaper than staying in Manhattan. The neighborhood is a dump but undergoing rapid transformation while the subway is right across the street so you can get to the World Trade Center in about 10 minutes. The rooms are a little small (normal by New York standards) but very comfortable and quite attractive, especially the king sized bed in which we all slept like babies. We requested a rollaway bed for our five year old when we reserved but were not told that the hotel does not have them until check in. When we raised a stink the front desk manager gave us a second room for free for the duration of our four night stay!. We really appreciated this as otherwise we weren't sure where we would all sleep. Service in general was very friendly and helpful. The hotel's only weakness is the restaurant: dinner was ok but breakfast was lousy and hugely overpriced. There are next to no alternatives in the area so we ended up having breakfast at the same place (La Defense, two blocks away) every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up: views are good and from some rooms you can see the Statue of Liberty.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thanks for recognizing all Brooklyn has to offer. Since your family is close I trust you will be back soon.

Thanks for being Starwood loyal and we look forward to being your host in teh near future

Marie Kupfer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel from 1/4 to 1/7. Check in was simple and straight to the point and literally less than 8 mins. The hotel lobby was average with comfortable couches and a bar. Bonus!!!!!!! The room is small but cozy and decent. I had a king bed which was very comfortable with plush pillows and a plush comforter. The room was very clean but keep in mind the room was small. ( comfortable for two people)
We eat at the hotel restaurant which is located on the first floor. The ambience and food is amazing. YOU MUST try their New York steak. Service was amazing as well. Armando was our waiter/ restaurant manager and he was great.
I definitely plan on visting this location again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Our Chef and Food and Beverage staff were thrilled to see the title of your review. I have passed your kind words along to everyone on the team.

Thank you so very much and we look forward to being your host in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

There has never been many hotels in Brooklyn and this relatively new hotel is a good choice. It is close to the Fulton St. Shopping area and the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges; rather convenient if you have a car and want to be in Brooklyn. The rooms seem smaller than the usual Sheraton but are organized efficiently. The executive lounge breakfast is just OK.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Truly the Sheraton is changing the face of Brooklyn. We are so very proud to be part of the dramatic transformation that is taking place in Brooklyn thank you for your review

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Punted to Brooklyn with difficulty finding a room on the island on my last 2 days of a business trip to NYC. The property is new, clean, located in downtown Brooklyn, close to the subway (close to Junior's also). The service we received was the pits though (don't stay at Sheratons too often, but am Starwood Gold). Others have said otherwise, so I would take this with a grain of salt. Upcharged for 2 double beds despite availability otherwise. Near impossible to get a cab, and the staff wouldn't help, nor would they help with car service. Won't be going back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your note. Please contact me directly at 631-774-0821 as I'd like to get a better understanding of the car service comment. Cars are readily available at our front door of the Sheraton seven days a week

We look forward to being your host in the near future

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for business for 9, yes NINE, months. I had the option to stay at any hotel in NYC, (within a $300/night budget) but I never felt like I needed to hotel-hop once I had found this Sheraton. Granted, it was RIGHT next to the building I worked in, but I kept coming back. The hotel staff are genuinely friendly, helpful, and caring people. Fred, the bellman, always greeted me with a smile when I got "home" from work, and could somehow always find me a cab or car service even on the small side-street that the hotel sits on. I ordered room service so frequently that I considered Denise (who would bring the food up) one of my "New York friends." I tried other hotels in Manhattan, but found that I actually liked being outside of the city at my Brooklyn Sheraton. I stayed here from Jan-Sept 2012, so I got to experience all of the seasons - being able to take my morning runs across the Brooklyn Bridge and back is a memory that I will always keep close.

The rooms were always clean (unless you opt into the "go-green" choice...500 Starpoints per night if you decline daily maid service, which is a fantastic option if you're capable of cleaning up after yourself!), the beds were clean and comfortable, and the hotel restaurant is delicious. The club lounge for Platinum members offered a continental breakfast and hors devours, and the attendant, Katherine, was always attentive and friendly. Being a SPG Platinum member, I was upgraded to a suite on 4 different occasions with no problem when I had friends and family visit me.

I am probably borderline OCD, I always checked for bed bugs, have very high standards, and they were always met at the Sheraton Brooklyn...obviously, or I wouldn't have LIVED here for the 9 months I was in New York City! Don't be scared off that it's not in the heart of Manhattan - there are like, 5 subway stations within 3 blocks if you want to go into the city, and to be honest, it was nice to get a break from the hustle and bustle. It's a great hotel for business travel, and I truly did miss the staff when I left!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DHouseh

What an amazing review which I will pass along to the staff. Thank you for your extensive review and for extolling the amazing attributes of our hotel and our staff

Though I believe your project in our area is over, we do hope to see you in the not too distant future

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when it just opened, two years ago, and we had a wonderful stay. The location is outstanding as it is very close to Manhattan. We found the area around the hotel very nice, with a lot of places to eat and shop. A big bonus is the discounted Broadway tickets Box Office just a few blocks away from the hotel. The lines were so small that we could always get the tickets within 5-10 minutes.
We always stay outside Manhattan when we visit New York and this was our favorite hotel and favorite area.
The reception area in the hotel is very small as are the rooms but everything was new and fresh. The rates were good too. I think they might have changed by now.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

So glad to read the rave review but why do you only come every two years. :) thanks for mentioning the TKTS just two blocks away. Also the Barclay center which just opened has been getting Amazong performers and of course home of the nets

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a good stay at the Sheraton in Brooklyn over the holidays. I'm SPG platinum so we were upgraded to a suite. Staff was friendly/helpful but a couple of items to be mindful of: (i) rooms are very dry, we asked for a humidifier but were told that the hotel didn't have any; (ii) very tough to get a taxi from the hotel other than the private car services parked out front which are very expensive - we started using Arecibo which was great / comparable cost to yellow cabs; (iii) elevators are INCREDIBLY slow (if on a tight schedule suggest you factor in 5-10 mins wait to get an elevator going up or down); (iv) food selection and quality for the continental breakfast is sub-par compared to other Sheraton's we frequent. On balance, I'll probably stay at the Sheraton in Tribeca/Canal St. or W at WTC instead next time I'm visiting the area as the costs were similar when we were booking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thanks so much for your review and for being Starwood loyal. You mentioned that you were a Platinum member so you have obviously stayed at a number of our Starwood properties over the past year.

I hope you had an opportunity to walk the Brooklyn Bridge and attend an event at the newly opened Barclay Center.