Stayed here for four nights and while the hotel and staff were lovely, there were a few difficulties
1. Location: Easy to get a cab to Manhattan, not so easy to get one to Brooklyn. Obviously not the fault of the hotel, but can make things a bit tricky (also worth noting that it is near the subway - I wasn't too good at navigating through the subway, but if you are, this makes location a non-issue)
2. Elevators: For most people, this will not be a problem, however I was a Contiki trip. There were 50 of us staying in the hotel and split over multiple floors - I guess this is more due to Contiki's organising, or the hotel wanting to make sure we weren't too roudy.. Which is perfectly reasonable! However, the issue was that my hotel keycard would only let me into my level. So if I wanted to get ready in someone elses room, we would both have to go down to the lobby, then back up. Again, mostly not a problem for most and a security measure, but still worth noting.
3. Wi-Fi: No free wifi in the rooms. It was available at a charge, which I think I ended up purchasing. Some rooms had free access to the wifi from the hotel next door. IF you're just using it to check emails, pop down to the lobby and it's free. However by then I had been away from Australia for 2 weeks and wanted to Skype back home. Didn't want to bother everyone in the lobby by doing this.
Rooms were stunning and always cleaned.
Only made it to breakfast on my last day, but it made me wish I'd gone more often!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, the area's newest full-service hotel, is 1 MTA stop from Manhattan near MetroTech Ctr, Bklyn Heights, and BAM. We have 4,300sq ft of meeting space and a rooftop deck. Pool Hours: Mon- Fri 5pm-10pm Sat- Sun 10am- 10pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.