“Good Hotel”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Great hotel and great location - i found. Although it may seem like a scary neighbourhood, it really is not. My boyfriend and I would return to the hotel pass 10 pm and no one would bother us.

Around the hotel there are many subway stations, so do not worry about how to get around. There's one down by Hoytt st which is just 2 blocks down and that leads you to Manhattan. And if you are looking for a great place to shop, there is a mall not too far from there called Atlantic mall and it has a Marshalls, DSW, Victoria's Secret and other great stores. BTW, it is at walking distance from the Brooklyn Bridge!!!!

Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel and might consider staying there again. The staff was very helpful and nice, the rooms were always clean, the bed was very comfortable, the windows did open and was close proximity to transportation and places we wanted to go to. The room however did not have much storage but we managed. ***I would strongly suggest you to book a room that is non accessible. We got a room that was handicap accessible and the bathroom was horrible just because there would be water everywhere in the bathroom because there was barely a seperater between the shower area and the toilet bowl and sink.*** We did not like was the pool. There was too much chlorine because I guess they were trying to mask the filth of the pool and it wasn't that clean. I wouldn't recommend going in the pool!

Room Tip: Before reserving a room, check the Sheraton website for special promotions for great deals on room...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My family and I stayed here for one night before heading on our cruise out of Brooklyn. This Sheraton is clean, up to date, and most importantly, quiet and safe. The staff were very friendly and helpful in recommending places for us to visit in Manhattan on our short layover. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: No harm in arriving early and ask the front staff for upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed in the Brooklyn Sheraton for 3 nights in July while visiting family. I paid extra for consierge level. This gave me free breakfast each AM and a room to go to for soda and snacks. When I checked in, I was given a room with no view, I called down to the front desk and was upgraded to a room on the top floor. I had a view of the Statue of Liberty, Verazzano Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge. It was amazing. Now this hotel has new furniture and the very comfortable Sheraton Bed but it is not like the Sheraton New York in the city. There is a small consierge room but no wine or beer there. Breakfast in the restaurant on Sat and Sun was good, a small buffett. Staff was friendly. The 5 block area around the hotel is not a place I would walk at night. During the day it is OK. I would stay here if you have business in downtown Brooklyn. The subway station is 1/2 block away. You can also walk into NY over the Brooklyn Bridge which is 1/4 mile away. I stayed here beacuse I got a good price as a package but my family in BayRidge was too far from Downtown Brooklyn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

It is a new hotel, and taxi driver may not know the location. My friends and I took 2 different taxis at different time from Manhatton China town to this hotel, Both drivers couldn't find it. Surprisingly, both taxi didn't have GPS. I suggest you to print a Google Map about this hotel location and show it to the driver if needed. The taxi fee was about $13 from China town. If we were not lost, it will be less approx. $10. This hotel is clean, comfortable, good value and is in a safe area. A convineent store just around the corner. You can buy milk or snack for kids at night. Becuase of the taxi experience, I took subway back to Manhatton next day. Front desk is very helpful giving direction with patience and smile. I definately will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chow_family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is quite well positioned (to NY) if you are willing to subway it. There is also a fair bit to see in Brooklyn, so being in the midst is handy. the pool is only open when the lifeguard is there, which means far shorter swim time than most motel pools.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We were very satisfied during our stay in Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel. The room was clean, quiet, spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The staff was hospitable and helpful. Especially we were grateful to David who with great kindness, responsibility and patience managed our room in the afternoon July 20th when the hotel was full and our booking status was unclear. Family Yu

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were booked to stay in the new Aloft hotel next door at a very cheap introductory room rate. That hotel wasn't ready for the time of our stay so they transfered us to the Sheraton next door at no extra cost...we certainly were happy about that!.
The location is excellent ...right by the shopping area/mall and metro stations. We loved Brooklyn...it's much quieter and cheaper than Manhatten , attractive, and not touristy at all.Yet Manhatten is only a few metro staions away for negligible cost
The hotel has free internet, and a very good restaurant.

Throughly recommended