See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 25, 2015

The service and staff were very accommodating! I accidentally booked a smoking room and the clerk showed us another room that was on the lowest level. I've seen some people complain about "the basement". It IS in their basement but there are windows up high and it didn't smell mildewy. The breakfast, cleaning, and desk staff were all very nice and helpful. The best advice we got was to park your car, and if you get a close spot, leave your car there your entire stay. The subway is close. It is very convenient for Manhattan visits. Getting to the other side of Brooklyn requires a couple of train changes but not a big deal. Overall the hotel just isn't in the same class as a 4 star but I wanted to give it a 3.5 overall. It's smaller and the area is fine and it's a little older but clean and convenient. The price was better than most in Brooklyn and the parking and the wifi really were free!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank DarDar B
NY391, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2015

Reviewed October 16, 2015

This hotel is in a safe area and the bay nearby is beautiful with all these swans that appear at night but it's a 1.8 mile walk to the nearest subway station and that area is a little sketchy. The hot breakfast was really nice to have to get our day started. The staff was ok but didn't speak English well and weren't overly friendly. There literally are about 9 parking spaces so when people comment on limited parking, they aren't kidding! We had family in another section of Brooklyn to visit so next time we will try to be closer but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Overall clean - only ran into 1 "scary" appearing guest.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
NY391, Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a suggestion by my daughter because it was close to her apartment. Overall, it was clean and quiet. The air conditioning was awesome after sightseeing in July! My daughter brought our luggage from her apartment to the hotel while we were sightseeing prior to check in, and they kept it for us behind the front desk until we got there at about 10 pm. The view was bad, but we weren't expecting much because of the location. The area is safe (and that's coming from an Iowan), but a guest ranted and screamed at our taxi driver one night for no apparent reason. Scared me a little. The cons were small rooms, which we expected, and the breakfast area was way too cramped and crowded. We couldn't sit comfortably at a table because we were so close to other guests. The food was ok, but not as good as other breakfasts that I get from similar hotels. The soda machine was almost empty for the duration of our 2 day stay, which sucked when you're hot and thirsty. The biggest disappointment was that the elevators were out of order during our stay. No apologies from the staff either, especially when they noticed my boyfriend wearing a boot from surgery. If a random street entertainer can notice the injury and serenade us about it during our wait in line for the Statue of Liberty, then surely the hotel staff could not miss it! He had surgery for a torn Achilles prior to our trip, so navigating the 4 flights of steps WITH luggage was pure torture for him, yet the same man did not even complain during hours of sightseeing on his feet. We were not offered a lower level room or an apology. Because of that, I will not return on my next visit to Brooklyn. Customer service makes or breaks a lot of deals for me.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JUSTAMOMOF5
NY391, Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Reviewed August 24, 2015

After a long drive to NY I was greeted by a not so nice receptionist. I was read a long list of rules that I was told I had to follow. I've never been read a list of rules for a hotel but it's NYC, maybe thats what they do right? I was then told under no circumstances could I have anyone in my room except for who ever was on the reservation. I was told I could not have visitors come up and if I did have visitors they needed to show ID & could not go past the lobby. Apparently this isn't an official rule but something the receptionist felt he should enforce. Needless to say for damn near $200/night I was not going to pay to be treated like a child. Oh & the room was not clean and cigarette burns were on the comforter and sheets. No thank you.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2015

After reading reviews, I will admit I was a bit skeptical. So glad I went. The location was perfect for my needs, being 2 blocks from a subway. I was a bit concerned about the parking, but got 1 of the about 10-12 spots. And even if I didn't, there were free parking spots on the street. Got there before I could check in, so I left the truck after speaking with the front desk clerk and went on my way. A special note was the friendliness of the gentleman working the desk during the day on Aug 16, 2015 and the overnight clerk that night when I finally checked in around 10PM. They are to be commended. The neighborhood wasn't much, but I was not there for anything in the area. Plenty of soap, shampoo, and towels. The 1 minus was I found a few hairs in the shower, but brushed them away. The breakfast was standard, eggs, sausages, waffles, Danish, bagels, etc, but what I had was fine. The beds were very comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay there again if I need to be in Brooklyn. MUCH cheaper than Manhattan and fit my needs wonderfully.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family