“A Surprise Deal”

Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were really quite pleased with our five night stay at this (small, economy, nothing fancy about it, which is just fine when not looking for luxury) hotel. First, its clean as a whistle. Rooms were small but knowing that going in, it worked out just fine. Free and safe parking in Brooklyn is a real plus these days. The bfast was perfectly fine to get the day started, saving some time and money. The hotel had guests from all over the planet and we met some interesting, nice folks. Don't plan on using your Kindle Fire, however, for an internet connection. The WiFi there has some weird thing going on and it could not connect either Kindle that we brought. The 1-800 Tech Support could not figure it out. There was no problem with the laptop, just glad we brought one. The staff were quite friendly and helpful and seemed to really care about what they were doing...at the desk, the bfast room and housekeeping as well. There are many good and affordable places to eat any time of the day in the nearby neighborhood. The neighborhood is quite safe and friendly and bit of old New York. It was really quite a fun place to hang out, lots of different kinds of people. The subway into lower Manhattan is just a couple of blocks away. The room with two doubles was nice, a little larger than the king room. Stay in the back if you can, the street and construction on the train across the street can be a little noisy but ear plugs mostly took care of that. I just wish that all hotels were required to put those slow door closers on the doors so that they would not slam. This is a problem with most hotels so I am not dinging the Comfort Inn for that but decided I'm going to mention it everywhere I can because it is such an annoying noise factor that could so easily be fixed. Still, big pluses for this hotel. Plan on using them again when we return early next year.

Room Tip: Get a double in the back. A little more breathing room and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tgard
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Staff friendly, rooms small but very clean, breakfast room small but perfect, service not to be doubted. Good places to eat near-by, sketchy location but SAFE I gotta say, computer service in lobby and made my stay perfect. Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: get the rooms on the highest floor for a awesome view !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Yash M

Dear Guest,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Relatively affordable for the area with FREE off-street parking. Also, only about a block and a half from the subway. While I did not partake of the continental breakfast, we were informed that there was one and also provided with the WiFi password upon check in. Also, conveniently, there is a computer terminal in the lobby for quick browsing and which was nice. The room was clean & comfortable. The only complaint is that the shower was surprisingly difficult to figure out how to turn on. I'm a pretty handy person, yet had to call the front desk for instructions! I can't imagine being the only person to have encountered this. However, it would hardly deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank APRILM932
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear April,

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located, hotel is small but rooms are clean & service is good. Recommended for 1-2 night stay. Includes continental breakfast. Parking is very limited & super tight tucked behind the hotel building. We had to park on the street both nights.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rssingleton
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello Mr. Singleton,

Regards

GM

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at choice hotels for a long time but this is quite possibly the worst place ever. They have terrible reception staff. Offensive, rude, obnoxious, untrained and just outright discourteous. My phone was answered by a very rude Indian man with an tough accent that either hated his job or did not have anything to lose because he was the owner. Either way, he starts yelling at me saying that he can not find my reservation using my confirmation number that Choice gave me. Which is ridicoulous because all choice hotels use the same software. When i asked him to lower his voice or i'll record him, he flat out responds, "i don't care, go ahead. I'm recording you too." Even called me an " idiot". Trust me i'm not posting this to vent, I just want everyone to know what you are getting yourself into. Because I'm not the only post who has complained how rude there service is. Not to mention their cleanliness of their property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Fredrick D
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello Federick,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 7 days from June to July in 2013. My stay was awesome. I stayed in a room on the 5th floor. The room was on the north side of the building but it was very sunny. Also, I could see the Freedom Tower and Manhattan in the distance from my room.

I was satisfied with everything in the room such as the full-size bed, pillows, sheets, desk, chair, small fridge, chest of drawers and TV. All of them were very good and clean. Also, the bathroom was very clean and comfortable. Also, the AC of the room was very good. In the end of June, it was very muggy in NYC but thanks to the high power AC, I could sleep very well during the night time. Also, when the windows were closed, the room was very quiet.

Also, all of the workers at the hotel were very nice and friendly.

Although the hotel is located in Brooklyn, it was very good in terms of transportation. The nearest subway station is only 2 blocks from the hotel so it was very convenient. Also, if you want to rent a car, the Speedy Car Rental is in the neighborhood. There, you can rent a car for a very good price.

In my opinion, it's impossible to stay at a very comfortable hotel for the same price in Manhattan. I suppose it's difficult to do so even in Brooklyn. I'm glad I found this hotel in NYC. So far, including this hotel, I stayed at 6 hotels in NYC (including NY Hilton in Midtown, Hamptons Inn in Midtown, and another Hamptons Inn in Queens). This has been the best hotel in my experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are very good. Especially on the north side of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank J0hnSmith1234567890

Hello,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Like previously stated, the rooms are small, not planning to spend much time in the room but to sleep. The parking area in the back is on camera and huge walls, so nobody can get in that area without being watched. We had no problems. The rooms were better than we expected. The subway was only a few blocks away. Everyone working there was nice. Never once felt unsafe in this area! Breakfast was waffles, fruit, bagels, etc. The only problem is some one way streets around the hotel; which we quickly learned. We would stay here again if we visit NYC again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
60827Jenny, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest