I chose this hotel based on price. That, I will admit, was good. I've stayed here before and can't believe that I gave them a second chance.
I use a power wheelchair and travel alone, so I expect a hotel room to be fully wheelchair accessible.
Minor inconvenience -- the space between the bed and the furniture is just barely passable, you won't be able to use the desk or reach the window curtains. There is one usable outlet next to the bed for charging your chair (don't use the one built into the lamp), but be aware that its on a switch.
The bathroom is too small. There is not enough room to turn around. You have to back out of the bathroom. A "clothes closet" blocks the bathroom door so it cannot be opened fully. When backing out of the bathroom you must do it at an angle which is a challenge.
In order to bathe, you have to transfer to a plastic shower bench in the tub. There is no handheld shower head.
But the one REALLY big deal -- when you park, you are given a card to put on the dash to show you are a hotel guest. They write your room number on the card, so anyone passing by the handicapped parking space can tell what room you are in. And, to make you feel really safe, the deadbolt on the room doesn't work. I complained about the deadbolt when I was there six months ago. I complained again and they didn't manage to fix the problem while I was there.
This place is pet friendly, but . . . A very large male dog marked the wall just outside the room. It wasn't cleaned in the four days I was there.
Staff is friendly, but I'll be looking for somewhere else to stay on my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn in Brooklyn is located just 5 blocks from a subway station with easy access to Brooklyn sites as well as Manhattan. The Brooklyn Museum, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and many more famous attractions are easily and affordably accessible from our hotel. Our people first service and clean comfortable accommodations complement our great location, making La Quinta Inn the perfect blend of affordability and comfort for your next trip to NYC. We provide a free continental breakfast, free wifi, and Limited Parking spaces at hotel at $30 a day. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Brooklyn Downtown
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown Hotel Brooklyn