“Christmas in Brooklyn”

Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
A TripAdvisor Member
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great hotel for the area and what we paid. Rooms were very clean, small but not by NY standards. Beds and pillows were comfortable which is very important. Breakfast was what you would expect and just what you need to get the day going. We stayed a couple nights over Christmas to see family near by perfect for our needs.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 30, 2013

5  Thank 54GiudittaG
LQ6328, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
Ardmore, Tennessee
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed 4 nights while visiting our daughter who lives nearby. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I called ahead to try to locate a good restaurant for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the young man made calls and gave several suggestions The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed five nights at La Quinta (11-12-13 to 15-12-13) and found it to be an ideal location. The reception staff were all very helpful and polite and gave good advice regarding local amenities and travel hints. The rooms were well appointed, four of us in one room each with two bags of luggage and we never felt cramped, despite some comments regarding the size of the rooms. Beds and linen were very comfortable and were cleaned daily to a very high standard. Yeah, its not downtown Manhattan but the subway is only a five to ten minute walk and you are in midtown Manhattan in twenty five minutes. This small inconvenience is well worth it when considering the cost of accommodation in Manhattan, throw in a hearty breakfast regularly restocked to start your day and you can't go wrong. To be honest it was a relief to escape the pandemonium of Manhattan get back to Brooklyn and chill in one of the local bars and chat with the very friendly locals. Would highly recommend this little gem and I know where I will be heading next time I visit NYC. Thanks so much from Liverpool, England to all the staff who made our stay so welcoming, pleasurable and home from home.

Room Tip: Travellers have stated rooms at the rear are preferable. Our room was on the front 3rd floor and the...
6  Thank Granbybuck
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel definitely did the trick for a little 3 day getaway to the city. The price could not be beat. The location was great- just a few blocks from the subway. My husband and I enjoyed staying in Brooklyn, as we've previously always stayed in Manhattan. I have no major complaints about the experience. It's not as fancy as other more expensive places, so if that's what you're looking for, you will be disappointed. But I would definitely recommend this for people (like me) who aren't going to be spending a great deal of time in the hotel and need a comfy place to sleep after a long day in the city.

1  Thank Jessica K
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I agree with most of the reviewers: The room was clean, with a comfortable bed, and the staff was pleasant. The location is good - decent neighborhood, with more than a few eating and drinking establishments within a 10 minute walk, from breakfast diners to upscale dining.

It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the subway station. Depending on where in Manhattan you're going, and at a busy time of day, it can be a long ride. I didn't check out cab fares into Manhattan from this property. The $2.75 subway fare was much cheaper, in any case.

The room was small, but that's typical for NYC. I've stayed in smaller places there with a higher rate, so the price was excellent.

We were very lucky to grab one of the last two spots - at 3:00 in the afternoon upon checking in. This was free, and was a great deal, but I think the website makes too much of the free parking, when the number of rooms exceeds the number of available free spots by four times, I'm guessing. On-street parking didn't look to be a big problem, though.

The only reason I didn't go out to 5 stars was because we had one of the "first floor" rooms, which is actually partially subgrade. Although the AC worked OK, it was still very stuffy and we couldn't wait to go outside for fresh air, even when it was cold.

But all in all, we will book here again.

Room Tip: Try not to take rooms on the first floor. You'll be partially underground.
1  Thank shortysnh
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed four nights at this Inn. I really did not expect it to meet the usual standards I anticipatet at this brand's inns.It was a pleasant surprise. Rooms are considerably smaller than I am used to, but, face it, it is NY. The whole place was very clean.
I had expected an old building, which it may have been, but it was nicely done with current decor. We had two dogs with us, and they do not charge extra for pets. There is some parking for first come first serve, which we were lucky to access, as many hotels there do not include parking, and that can be very expensive. There is no place special to walk your dogs, so just take your bags and do as the natives do, sidewalks. The neighborhood seemed good and I did not feel intimidated taking dogs out at night. Cost much higher than I usually expect, but seemed in line with the local competitors.

1  Thank sue1426