La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown
$129
Aloft.com
$252
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingyogurtpark sloperooms are smallfew blocksparking spotparking is limitednew yorkwhole foodsfree breakfastsubway stationbusiness centerenjoyed my stayclean hotelconvenient locationprospect parkbarclays center
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We needed a place to crash since we were in the city for sight seeing. Obviously, staying in Manhattan was out of the question due to exorbitant hotel prices there. This place was only a $20 taxi cab ride away from Financial district and subway station (F train) is just a few blocks away. I was expecting a run down building like the ones that surround the area, but was pleasantly surprised that it was neat and there was parking (although limited) available. Interior is nice and newly renovated. Rooms are tiny, so much so that you might be having trouble putting away your luggage if it's larger than an airline carry-on. However, rooms contain everything you need, including an LCD tv, thermostatically controlled heater/AC, wardrobe with iron & board, and a tiny fridge. Bathroom is what used to be a closet with folding doors, but it's nicely appointed with new appliances. The only problem there is almost non-existent water pressure in the shower. I'm not sure if there's an artificial flow limiter installed since water flow in the faucet is very strong. For $80+/night so close to Manhattan you really can't go wrong. I highly recommend this place and will return!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors farthest from the elevator would have less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seth J
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Listen, I never write reviews but I recently traveled from Miami and stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown and wanted to give them praise and high marks for a great experience. I found the hotel staff and rooms to be outstanding and they definitely surpassed my expectations. I grew up in the area and wasn't sure what to expect, but believe me you won't find a better hotel for the price with a friendlier staff than the La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown. GO BROOKLYN!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Long hairs on the wash cloth were the worst. The wash cloth was used during a shower where only a dribble of water came down but a lot of water sprayed up and out over the entire bathroom, wetting all of our toiletries, the sink and vanity, the floor, the toilet, the toilet paper, and the towels. This occurred in the morning when we got up and were getting ready to check out. The manager's response was that I should have told them about this when I checked in. I still haven't figured out how I would have known until I used the shower but I guess that is why he is the manager. He also said that the maids probably just made a mistake and put a dirty washcloth in our room. You can judge for yourself what this means for their quality control and cleanliness. Were the sheets on the bed clean? I have no way of knowing. I did report that the main light in the room was not working right after we checked in. I was told that the maintenance person would be in while we were out to dinner and a show and would fix it and if he did not the manager was coming in and he would fix it. It was not fixed. The manager's name is Jatin Saraiya. I stayed there the night of October 13, 2013. I have stayed in many third-world countries and never experienced this.

Room Tip: Most other hotels would be better, unless you do not care about cleanliness.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple