La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown
$129
Aloft.com
$252
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingyogurtpark sloperooms are smallfew blocksparking spotparking is limitednew yorkwhole foodsfree breakfastsubway stationbusiness centerenjoyed my stayclean hotelconvenient locationprospect parkbarclays center
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Affordable place to stay and very close to the subway. Easy access to Manhattan. The rooms are very clean, and the staff is great. Its a really cool hotel, the staff upbeat and helpful. I recommend this hotel to travelers who are visiting NYC and don't want to pay the outrageous prices for hotels in Manhattan. Breakfast was great, you can take a lot of items to go as they are pre-packaged. I will definitely come back

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Grove, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a very nice, but compact property. The rooms are small, but very clean and well appointed. If you are a light sleeper, I recommend you ask for a room away from the elevator. The location is sort of commercial/industrial so don't expect a great view from your room, but then we found the price very reasonable. The only downer here was a high priced "business center" computer & printer. Wi-fi was excellent however, so bring your own laptop.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6328, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the La Quinta Inn, Brooklyn! We know you have several choices, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay.

Our team is dedicated to providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. We are here for you, and when a guest takes the time to give us positive feed back it makes all our efforts worth it.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Jatin Saraiya

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Customer service that lacks service to the customer;

I was in town for training with the gov’t and was eligible for a tax-exempt room. But unfortunately, I forgot the tax-exempt form on my desk… most hotels either have the form on-hand, or would care enough for their customers to take 3 minutes to print one out. I've contacted the manager now that I'm back home and have the form, but he won't work with me because it's after the fact. It’s not their money, so why should they care?

Don’t let them fool you with the “Free Bright Side Breakfast”. It doesn’t consist of much more than waffles, boiled eggs, sliced white bread/bagels, yogurt (frozen solid), and if you’re lucky there may be a bruised banana or mushy apple. One morning (out of 4) there was only 1 slice of bread, and waffles (to be fair, I didn’t notice whether or not there was yogurt)… When I brought it to the attention at the front desk, they said there was nothing they could do; the maid had to take care of it. Nut no attempt was made to notify the maid that it needed tending to. Again this is another example of the not-so-stellar customer service.

The room was cleanish, but very cramped. The headboards were missing, leaving some ugly planks exposed on the wall. Not a big deal, but they weren’t close to sold out so why did they book me in that room instead of one with headboards?

Noisy neighbors late into the night (which in itself isn’t the hotels problem, but they did nothing about it when I reported the issue). This again goes back to their inferior customer service.

Do yourself a favor, and find a comparably priced hotel where they place the customers first, or even second would be nice.

Room Tip: Find yourself another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6328, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay.

After looking into your issues, we found that the front desk staff asked you for a tax-exempt certificate or tax-exempt identification multiple times during your stay, which you could not provide. A week after your departure, management spoke with you and you could still not provide us with documentation. Unfortunately, we can only honor tax-exempt rates to those individuals or groups that provide us with valid documentation or identification. Several of our guests come from universities, government agencies, or other tax-exempt organizations and we never have an issue.

At La Quinta we strive to make each stay memorable, and from our reviews it can be seen that customer service is very important to us. For free breakfast, free parking, free wifi and competitive room rates please book La Quinta Inn, Brooklyn.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

OK location close to subway, rooms nice and biggish most importantly QUIET.
Breakfast: Don't bother, room is very small =very crowded, and food selection is at best mediocre there are many good cafes nearby which are better value

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jens L
LQ6328, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay in our quiet rooms.

At La Quinta Brooklyn we strive to give our guests a great experience which includes clean comfortable rooms, competitive room rates, free Wifi, parking, and free breakfast. We provide significant value to our guests in an otherwise expensive New York City. We are not a restaurant but we do try our best to provide our valued guests with a large variety of breakfast items.

We appreciate your feedback as we continue to make La Quinta Brooklyn a comfortable hotel providing amazing value to our guests.

Kind regards,
Jatin Saraiya

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Small but good 5-storey hotel 4 blocks from 4th Ave & 9th St metro station (R line takes 20 min to lower Manhattan, F line 35 min to Penn Station). There is also at least one local bus stop on 3rd Ave and 9th St. There are only a few delis and eateries around the hotel, but they close early. After 8:00pm is better to walk East 13th St. to 5th Avenue although getting there might feel a little eery because 13th seems deserted (although nothing happened while I was there). There is always the option of asking food to be delivered to the hotel from any of the restaurants that offer the service (the hotel has the menus of these restaurants in the 2nd floor, with all the other tourist fliers and pamphlets). The breakfast room on the 2nd floor is small and it can get crowded at certain times, but it was well supplied and kept while I was there. Be there early or get in and take your breakfast with you to your room. Mostly coffee, OJ, apple juice, milk, cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, large slices of whole wheat bread, bagels, waffles, and wrapped cinnamon rolls and blueberry danishes. There's a toaster and a MW. Nothing fancy, but enough to get you walking (rolls and danishes are good for later ;-) I stayed in a single room with a kingsize bed. Room and bathroom were clean and well stocked. There was a 32" flatscreen with a few movie and news channels (wish they had a small microwave and fridge on each room). AC/heating units are independent and worked really well. Floors have icemakers and snack vending machines, but the soda vending machine is only on the 2nd floor. Service was good and friendly. I had originally reserved a double room and got a phone call before getting there to ask if I could be moved to a single since I was going to be just by myself. I agreed and was nicely surprised with a small gift when I got there. Bottom line, affordable, accessible, safe and clean. Enough to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms only face West to 3rd Ave or East to the small parking lot on the rear. The rear gets the morning sunlight. I imagine that the West side in the upper floors could get a over Brooklyn, but not sure.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business