Small but good 5-storey hotel 4 blocks from 4th Ave & 9th St metro station (R line takes 20 min to lower Manhattan, F line 35 min to Penn Station). There is also at least one local bus stop on 3rd Ave and 9th St. There are only a few delis and eateries around the hotel, but they close early. After 8:00pm is better to walk East 13th St. to 5th Avenue although getting there might feel a little eery because 13th seems deserted (although nothing happened while I was there). There is always the option of asking food to be delivered to the hotel from any of the restaurants that offer the service (the hotel has the menus of these restaurants in the 2nd floor, with all the other tourist fliers and pamphlets). The breakfast room on the 2nd floor is small and it can get crowded at certain times, but it was well supplied and kept while I was there. Be there early or get in and take your breakfast with you to your room. Mostly coffee, OJ, apple juice, milk, cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, large slices of whole wheat bread, bagels, waffles, and wrapped cinnamon rolls and blueberry danishes. There's a toaster and a MW. Nothing fancy, but enough to get you walking (rolls and danishes are good for later ;-) I stayed in a single room with a kingsize bed. Room and bathroom were clean and well stocked. There was a 32" flatscreen with a few movie and news channels (wish they had a small microwave and fridge on each room). AC/heating units are independent and worked really well. Floors have icemakers and snack vending machines, but the soda vending machine is only on the 2nd floor. Service was good and friendly. I had originally reserved a double room and got a phone call before getting there to ask if I could be moved to a single since I was going to be just by myself. I agreed and was nicely surprised with a small gift when I got there. Bottom line, affordable, accessible, safe and clean. Enough to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn in Brooklyn is located just 5 blocks from a subway station with easy access to Brooklyn sites as well as Manhattan. The Brooklyn Museum, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and many more famous attractions are easily and affordably accessible from our hotel. Our people first service and clean comfortable accommodations complement our great location, making La Quinta Inn the perfect blend of affordability and comfort for your next trip to NYC. We provide a free continental breakfast, free wifi, and Limited Parking spaces at hotel at $30 a day. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown Hotel Brooklyn
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Brooklyn Downtown