“Better than what we anticipated!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were in Brooklyn for the weekend and this hotel was surprising nice…the front desk was very friendly, she gave us info how to take the subway into the city; which was a very short walk...very convenient. The rooms were exceptional nice, small (but this is NY) and very clean. The bathroom door was a little strange though…The free continental breakfast was okay. We ventered out late and felt very safe walking the neighborhood. The parking area only has approximately 6-10 spaces...we got lucky and got a spot as soon as we pulled in. The only complaint is that the walls are paper thin. We were awakened about 4:00 a.m. by a young man who screamed and cursed at the top of his lungs for what seemed like hours to some females who would not allow him access to their room. This went on and on and on....no one from the staff or security ordered him to stop or had him removed. How was this allowed to go on and for so long?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bu2fusul

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel in March. Its a short walk to the subway, which gives you access to NYC. Short trip to lower Manhattan by subway, a little longer to mid-town and village areas, but convenient nonetheless. The rooms are very clean and everything seems new and up to date. Cleanliness makes or breaks a deal for us, and we were pleased with how clean the rooms are, and there are very comfortable beds. The rooms are small, but you have to realize where you are, and by NYC standards the rooms are actually spacious. We'd recommend this hotel to travellers on a budget (Manhattan prices are too much for us) who need a clean new place to stay. Breakfast was good, there were plenty of choices.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taffyrai
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three or four nights with my family - four of us. It's a reasonable walk to the subway, but good restaurants are a little farther and require a short taxi ride. The hotel was clean but the rooms were very small. We were provided a room that was supposed to be for four people, but the room did not have enough bed space for us without bringing in a rollaway bed. This was problematic as the rollaway completely blocked the door and would have been a real problem if we had to get out of the room quickly. Unfortunately, there weren't any other options in the hotel or nearby. I consider the room cost to be high for what we received, but this is New York City. I probably would look somewhere else if I needed to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have never had to review a hotel until now. I'm on my second night stay here and it seems to get worse each day. First the tv remote is missing, then the walls and ceilings are paper thin, the toilets flush so loud you can hear when people on the next floor flush their toilets especially in the middle of the night when trying to sleep, the bootleg iron leaks hot water when trying to iron and burned my fiances foot, the shower head was impossible to adjust so the water in the shower sprays very weak, the other guests are obnoxious and loud for no reason, and now it sounds like a dog is in the hotel barking. Definitely not staying here again and I have one more night left.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Nice hotel to stay. The manager and staff are very helpful, friendly and do their best to create a family kind atmosphere. The area is safe, subway is just 5 min away.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank safhava
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The facility is fine though a little beat up for a newish building and breakfast was cramped and chaotic. The main problem is management. I had a reservation for $143. Somehow LaQuinta central screwed it up and it had disappeared from the computer. I had a paper copy but the guy at the desk was totally uninterested and charged me $254 as a walk-in. Never mind that I was a LQ Rewards member. At my request he called the manager and he wouldn't budge either. Not even a discount break for a misunderstanding, just the implication that I was some sort of scam artist. It took me two weeks to get a reimbursement after the problem was cleared up and it came from LQ not the place in Brooklyn. I like LQ and I have family in the area but will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter L
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed 3 nights here to visit NYC and we were very pleased. The staff were all very friendly. The subway station was just a 5 minute walk away and we felt safe walking late at night. Parking is very limited but we got a spot in the parking lot when we arrived and kept it parked our entire visit. We are not morning people so we did not make it to the breakfast so no comment on that. The rooms were very nice (but small), clean, and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint would be the shower pressure, it was very low pressure. We will stay here are next visit to NYC and would recommend to others to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple