“Great Value”

Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Front Desk Staff at La Quinta are very helpful. I stayed there on the NYC marathon weekend, reservations were made back in May payed $99 a night via Priceline, that was a very good deal considering that the other options were in the neighborhood of the $300. Breakfast is good and is included in the room rate, which will helped to save some money. Close to metro. The bedroom I got wasn't big (but I guess is something that anyone should expect lodging in NYC and surrounding boroughs on the budget) maybe wasn't much room left because I got a king bed 2ft in one side and 4 in the other side, sheets were very soft mattress was very comfortable, shared the bed with my sister but it felt like I was sleeping alone. The room was very clean, except for the fact that the coffee maker had some leftover coffee and that there was a box of condoms in the middle drawer of the dresser. Many hotels are infested with bed bugs, I checked my bedroom mattress and it was quite clean no signs of bed bugs. Heat unit worked perfectly. Free parking was a big bonus for me, many hotels in Manhattan will charge you up if you want to used their parking facilities.

Room Tip: Bedrooms in the back of the building and from the 4th floor up are noise free, avoid bedrooms in the...
1 Thank Kahroleenah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Whitney Poiint, NY
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights at the La Quinta on 3rd Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. We were visiting our daughter who lives two blocks away, so it was very convenient. The room was small but adequate and comfortable. The bathroom was fine but the shower water pressure was very low. We were on the top floor (6th). The breakfast was decent - cold cereal, fresh fruit, waffle maker, 2 kinds of juice. There is a Dunkiin Donuts across the street. The parking lot is small, maybe 10 spaces, but we found a space on 13th Street and left the car there all weekend. We will definitely stay there as long as our daughter lives in the area. The AARP price was reasonable for the location.

Room Tip: Only one elevator for 6 floors so sometimes you have to wait.
1 Thank Cynthia B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here for 8 nights in November and I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. I can't understand the negative reviews from below. My room had a king size bed, 35 inch LCD TV and a decent sized bathroom for NY. The room was very clean and everything was brand new. Yes, the room may be a bit small for two or more people but for one person, it was perfect. Also, the rooms in NYC hotels are about the same size anyway unless you stay at a five star luxury hotel. The area is really safe, even at night.

Although in Brooklyn, you are only a 10 minute subway ride from downtown Manhattan and about 20 minutes from Times Square. I bought a $29 weekly ticket for the subway and used it every day although after 11pm, I would always catch a cab back to the hotel which cost me only $20-25. My original hotel in NYC would have cost me $3,000 and my 8 night stay here cost me only $900. I saved heaps of money. I would leave my hotel around 11am and not return until late at night. The hotel is also only one block away from Park Slope neighbourhood which is really nice and has heaps of restaurants, bars and shops.

If the hotel can maintain their great weekly rate, then I would definitely be returning as I go to New York every November.

Room Tip: Always choose a room on the higher level away from 3rd avenue.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marty451
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Brooklyn in November, and it was a great alternative to staying in Manhattan. The price was great and there was easy access to the subway. The staff was friendly and the rooms were really clean. The rooms were spacious considering the location, and tastefully decorated and furnished. We will definitely stay here for future visits to NYC.

1 Thank itsmia
Rhode Island
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Staff was nice but rooms are already shabby considering how new it is. I for convenience. This is NOT a "dangerous" neighborhood. It is Brooklyn, the city, and can be a bit out of the way but not meant to be A luxury hotel. If you need to stay in this neighborhood there are few other choices.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in October.
I had King Size room. It was the smallest king size room, that I've ever seen.
Bathroom is small and has closet style doors that Do Not Lock
The window has sheer panels and the curtains do not move so they cannot be closed, therefore, there's no privacy.
There is no microwave in room.
Parking spots are minimal.
All of the above issues, though not ideal were not complete deal breakers as this was a short stay and my expectations of hotels are realistic.
However, the poor disposition and extreme rude behavior of the Hotel Manager and Front Desk Staff are indeed a deal breaker & wholly unacceptable.
I will NEVER stay here or at any La Quinta again. I will not pay you to treat me in rude & dismissive manner.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn Brooklyn, along with my wife, on the weekend of October 14th, 2011. I had requested a a late check-in, so we got in around 11pm on Friday. Being our first time in Brooklyn, and arriving this late on a Friday night, I was a bit worried when we first got there. However, once we got into the hotel, we had nothing but just positive experiences for the rest of our stay. The hotel is just blocks away from the train station, and the front desk was so helpful in providing us with the subway map and giving us such detailed directions in getting around. Definitely saved a lot on the cab-rides I tell ya! The rooms are small, but we expected that in NYC. The decor of our room was wonderful, and the cleanliness was top-notch as well. The breakfast was such a huge plus, cuz we always grabbed a coffee and some waffles before heading out for the day. The whole staff was just absolutely amazing. You can tell that these folks really take pride in their work. Upon our next visit to NY, we will definitely stay here again, without a shadow of a doubt! Keep it up!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple