“Great value for NYC!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brooklyn Downtown
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here for 8 nights in November and I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. I can't understand the negative reviews from below. My room had a king size bed, 35 inch LCD TV and a decent sized bathroom for NY. The room was very clean and everything was brand new. Yes, the room may be a bit small for two or more people but for one person, it was perfect. Also, the rooms in NYC hotels are about the same size anyway unless you stay at a five star luxury hotel. The area is really safe, even at night.

Although in Brooklyn, you are only a 10 minute subway ride from downtown Manhattan and about 20 minutes from Times Square. I bought a $29 weekly ticket for the subway and used it every day although after 11pm, I would always catch a cab back to the hotel which cost me only $20-25. My original hotel in NYC would have cost me $3,000 and my 8 night stay here cost me only $900. I saved heaps of money. I would leave my hotel around 11am and not return until late at night. The hotel is also only one block away from Park Slope neighbourhood which is really nice and has heaps of restaurants, bars and shops.

If the hotel can maintain their great weekly rate, then I would definitely be returning as I go to New York every November.

Room Tip: Always choose a room on the higher level away from 3rd avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank marty451

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Brooklyn in November, and it was a great alternative to staying in Manhattan. The price was great and there was easy access to the subway. The staff was friendly and the rooms were really clean. The rooms were spacious considering the location, and tastefully decorated and furnished. We will definitely stay here for future visits to NYC.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank itsmia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Staff was nice but rooms are already shabby considering how new it is. I for convenience. This is NOT a "dangerous" neighborhood. It is Brooklyn, the city, and can be a bit out of the way but not meant to be A luxury hotel. If you need to stay in this neighborhood there are few other choices.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in October.
I had King Size room. It was the smallest king size room, that I've ever seen.
Bathroom is small and has closet style doors that Do Not Lock
The window has sheer panels and the curtains do not move so they cannot be closed, therefore, there's no privacy.
There is no microwave in room.
Parking spots are minimal.
All of the above issues, though not ideal were not complete deal breakers as this was a short stay and my expectations of hotels are realistic.
However, the poor disposition and extreme rude behavior of the Hotel Manager and Front Desk Staff are indeed a deal breaker & wholly unacceptable.
I will NEVER stay here or at any La Quinta again. I will not pay you to treat me in rude & dismissive manner.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn Brooklyn, along with my wife, on the weekend of October 14th, 2011. I had requested a a late check-in, so we got in around 11pm on Friday. Being our first time in Brooklyn, and arriving this late on a Friday night, I was a bit worried when we first got there. However, once we got into the hotel, we had nothing but just positive experiences for the rest of our stay. The hotel is just blocks away from the train station, and the front desk was so helpful in providing us with the subway map and giving us such detailed directions in getting around. Definitely saved a lot on the cab-rides I tell ya! The rooms are small, but we expected that in NYC. The decor of our room was wonderful, and the cleanliness was top-notch as well. The breakfast was such a huge plus, cuz we always grabbed a coffee and some waffles before heading out for the day. The whole staff was just absolutely amazing. You can tell that these folks really take pride in their work. Upon our next visit to NY, we will definitely stay here again, without a shadow of a doubt! Keep it up!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed October 18, 2011

What an amazing hotel, staff and location! Room was immaculate and perfect size for my visit to the big apple. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh and well attended to. I couldn't ask for a better place and this price and location!!! 5 Stars!!! Will definitely return!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cami c
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Not only are the rooms in this hotel poorly (re)renovated the staff needs replacement as well. We arrived for a weekend in NY and where given a baseement room. Walking down to the room we found the hallway cluttered with extra mattresses and construction materials. The room had been poorly renovated with by-fold bathroom doors that provided no privacy. When we asked for a room change we were informed all rooms have the same bathroom doors. We wrote to LaQuinta and received a canned response. When we srote a second time we received no response...Trip Advisor is always a good avenue for letting people know which hotels to stay away from.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple