“Always delicious”
Review of Fonda Restaurant

Fonda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fonda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 5,349 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 14th and 15th streets
Transit: F or G trains to 7th Ave. Brooklyn
Arlington, Virginia
“Always delicious”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been to this restaurant now a few times, as some family lives in Brooklyn and it is one of their favorites. Every time, I've had an really wonderfully delicious meal. From the fresh-made guacamole, to the varieties of margaritas (happy hour prices available only at the bar seats, FYI!) to the entrees (both dinner and brunch, on past visits.) It has become one of the "go-to" restaurants I hit, just about every time I visit NY now.
The place is small/narrow, with exposed brick walls -- it can get VERY loud in there, when there's a line of people waiting for a table, a full bar, and every seat filled. One of the few places where I do sometimes have to raise my voice to speak across the table. In nice weather, there is a small patio out back, which eliminates the noise issue. Nonetheless, the food is really terrific, and one or two margaritas in, suddenly I don't mind the noise level as much ;)
I've had the mole several times, and really love the complex, rich flavor -- one of the best mole's I've had outside of Mexico. The fish taco appetizer is also quite delicious -- my advice is NOT to share it ;) Anyone who wants some, order their own; it is a single serving!

• Visited February 2014

stamford, ct
“Awesome Mexican fare in Park Slope”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Delicious meal in a cool little place. We shared a salad and a duck appetizer. Then we had the shrimp and scallops and the flank steak. Everything was 5 stars.

Visited January 2014
Conroe, Texas
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful brunch prepared just the way we wanted. The food was terrific. The service was great. Great choice for brunch.

• Visited December 2013
Bedford
“Fantastic Mexican and Great Value Happy Hour”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I met friends here upon recommendation and was not disappointed. I arrived early to check out their happy hour - great value between drinks and appetizers! The food both at happy hour and for the meal was extremely fresh and flavorful. I would highly recommend checking this place out!

• Visited October 2013
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Margaritas are great - different variants to choose from and we tried most of them!

The food is tasty, but a lot of black bean influence. My skirt stake was fine, so may depend on the day (see lunahod review). The guacamole is fresh and different - if you have a sensitive palate don't order it "hot". Restaurant seating a bit cramped, but they were busy.

Would go again