“Really good food and drinks”

Bogota Latin Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bogota Latin Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 5,534 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: St. Johns Place/Lincoln Place
Transit: R train to Union Street, 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q & R trains to Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street, 2 & 3 trains to Bergen Street, and B & Q trains to 7th Avenue. The B63 bus to 5th Avenue & Douglass Street.
Description: We are Brooklyn's most popular latin restaurant serving the foods and drinks of Colombia and Latin America. Open till 1 AM Fridays and Saturdays and serving Brunch Saturday and Sunday. Fun, festive environment with a great bar and dining room. We are gay friendly and family / casual. Happy hour all night Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and open for lunch Monday through Friday at 12 noon.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been several times and I love this place - family owned, they really love to cook and serve great food. Most recently, on a slo visit, I ate dinner at the bar. I had the empanadas to start (I could have ate several more) and then the eggplant special (a new dish that was very tasty). The bartender made great drinks and we had a good time chatting - the restaurant was very lively.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place is fantastic, overall. Great atmosphere, amiable, attentive service, delicious, authentic Colombian food with lots of healthy options, and tasty, wonderful drinks. The prices are very reasonable, and they do a great job accommodating modern dietary restrictions - they even have mojitos sweetened with stevia, rather than sugar. I was transported back to Colombia / Panama with my dish of ropa vieja and agua ardiente mixed drinks.

This place is fun and welcoming, and is a true gem of Park Slope night life.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is one of my favorite spots in Brooklyn. The food is excellent quality and delicious. Their brunch is unique. I haven't had anything here that I haven't liked.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having not had much Latin food in my life, I had to keep an open mind when we entered this restaurant. However, I was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service. The servers were very attentive, always checking in with us and constantly refilling water and our drink orders. Most of us had the Cubano sandwich and it was delicious, with just the right amount of fire from the accompanying sauce. The guacamole and chips were a great way to start the meal, and the bottled beer selection was really good.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am not a fan of poor reviews however I felt the need to write this honestly. I had this as my save and removed it. The food was OK at best. Portions are small and do not equal the price at all. Just as an example we paid 22$ for skirt steak.... Also not good quality. The place was very nice and the service was excellent so I do not want to take that away from the place. Drinks looked good but we didn't have any, we ordered appetizer and three main courses with sodas and the bill was 125......I ate in many places for that price that left a much better impression and taste.
The food was definitely some authentic flare however we have eaten in many Colombian restaurants in queens and they are much better sized servings and much better pricing.
If your in the neighborhood and can't get elsewhere for some Latin cuisine definitely stop in! It is worth the try but be prepared for the high priced bill. Sorry Bogota either lower your prices or increase your portions.