“Not authentic but very good”

Bogota Latin Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bogota Latin Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 5,418 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: St. Johns Place/Lincoln Place
Transit: R train to Union Street, 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q & R trains to Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street, 2 & 3 trains to Bergen Street, and B & Q trains to 7th Avenue. The B63 bus to 5th Avenue & Douglass Street.
Description: We are Brooklyn's most popular latin restaurant serving the foods and drinks of Colombia and Latin America. Open till 1 AM Fridays and Saturdays and serving Brunch Saturday and Sunday. Fun, festive environment with a great bar and dining room. We are gay friendly and family / casual. Happy hour all night Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and open for lunch Monday through Friday at 12 noon.
New York City, New York
“Not authentic but very good”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let's just get this out of the way: this isn't a "real" Colombian place. It's not owned by a Paisa and the majority of the staff doesn't even seem to speak Spanish.Once you get over that, this place is awesome. I've only been there for breakfast but the food is amazing, especially the calentado.

• Visited August 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“I am a regular”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I miss Brooklyn so much mostly because of Bogota. I moved to Staten Island and nothing compares to Brooklyn or "Bogo" (what me and my friends call this place) GREAT FOOD. the drinks- out of this world amazing. Happy hour most days. Kid Friendly. Great Service. Bar Service. Good Crowd. I have been here on a date with my hubby.perfect. I have been here as a family.perfect. I have been here for a wedding.perfect. I have been here solo. perfect. I have been here with my boss.perfect. No Complaints ever.

Simsbury, Connecticut
“Great Columbian food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter and I went here for dinner on Saturday night. Early (6:30) and the place was packed. The backroom where we were seated was a bit tight as, unfortunately, the folks seated next to us were more than will to complain about loud enough for the world to hear.

Even with that going on, we loved the food. Loved it! I got the plantain encrusted chicken and my daughter the fish tacos and every bite was heaven. The plantains they served on the side were to die for.

The service was friendly and attentive. The manager sensing our situation (with the complaining folks at the next table) offered to make it right by buying us dessert. We were too full to accept then but were given a raincheck for another visit.

We will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
“Upbeat trendy interesting food and drink”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ried mojitos - FULL of lime, as requested.Plantain chips and green sauce put on table . Had a vegetarian who was happy and I had the whole red snapper which is always so much fun. Dessert plate had a flan and a coconut cake and the chocolate and caramel dips with ....
Afine time was had by all. Server was great, customers were all over the planet.

iowa
“Great food, atmosphere, drinks, and service!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Found Bogota on accident and was very happy. The atmosphere is fun and clean. Everyone is friendly and more than happy to serve. Their menu has options that are clearly marked for vegetarians and vegans. Their mojito has won awards and deservingly so. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited March 2013