“Latin american food in brooklyn”

Bogota Latin Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bogota Latin Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 5,709 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: St. Johns Place/Lincoln Place
Transit: R train to Union Street, 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q & R trains to Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street, 2 & 3 trains to Bergen Street, and B & Q trains to 7th Avenue. The B63 bus to 5th Avenue & Douglass Street.
Description: We are Brooklyn's most popular latin restaurant serving the foods and drinks of Colombia and Latin America. Open till 1 AM Fridays and Saturdays and serving Brunch Saturday and Sunday. Fun, festive environment with a great bar and dining room. We are gay friendly and family / casual. Happy hour all night Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and open for lunch Monday through Friday at 12 noon.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

That place is buzling with ambiance. My second time there, always pack. The affordable price may be a reason (under 20$ to have a good meal). Diverse latin american plates might be another reason. Mexican quesadillas and tortilla soup to arepas and sancocho. I had the latter, and it was very satisfying for a mere 8 bucks. They also have several tropical fruit smoothies, i had a guanabana (soursop) which is hard to find fresh in town. Overall, good layin fare, good ambiance and low cost. Love it

1  Thank Alain L

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went here as a group of 7 women for brunch. Not only did they accept reservations for a Saturday morning, they opened at 10:00, which was difficult to find in Brooklyn. The menu was varied, including specialties from many different Latin and South American countries, and each was explained clearly for English speakers. The cafe colombiano was superb - it came with warmed milk - great for the damp and gray weather outside! The food was fresh, hot and delicious. I appreciated that they let us linger and talk, even though the restaurant was filling up. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank happywanderers82
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is awesome! I wish it were cheaper, but if you have the money it's totally worth it. I love love it! On the weekends you will not get in here without a reservation...

1  Thank Kahtiale
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The extensive menu at Bogota has a variety of Latin cuisines, mostly Colombian and Cuban specialties. The food is outstanding and the service was even better. I happened to be in Brooklyn on business from New Jersey and was so impressed with this restaurant that I will make future trips just to go to Bogota Latin Bistro.

1  Thank Cridgejason
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been to Bogota a few times before and had a good experience. After a concert at the Barclay center we went over for dinner. The service was good but the food was mediocre. My husband ordered the Colombia ribs and I had the vegetable napoleon, both of which did not wow us. The ribs were hard and fatty while my vegetable napoleon consisted of whole onion cut in half and tomato roasted as representation of vegetables. The margaritas were lack luster and watered down. To top it off they sat us down right by the heater which was boiling. Our bill was almost $100 for food we did not even eat. We will definitely not be returning.