“Old school”

Ferdinando's Focacceria
Ranked #205 of 6,662 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Good panelle sandwiches. Fast service small space busy during lunch hours.
Old neighborhood cafe with locals running it.

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

Found it by accident 25 years ago and stop by every chance I get. The fresh ricotta the chic pea sandwichs and the manhattan special on tap

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

When we arrived, the owner was at the entrance. We saluted him warmly, but he replied in a very cold way and without a smile. We sat immediately. Atmosphere and ambiance of this restaurant are Not OK. Even if you scan and see a wifi named "Ferdinandos" don't bother to ask for the password: they would clame that only the son of the owner knows it, and he isn't there at the moment. If you want to eat pasta, be ready to pay about 25 dollars. A Mexican chef will prepare for you a dish of pasta that is definitely not an Italian recepie. I didn't like it at all. I will never eat again at Ferdinando's.

2  Thank Fabio_NY
Reviewed April 25, 2016

I've been eating at/from this restaurant for as long as I can remember. The Panelle sandwich is hands down, my absolute favorite item on the menu!! We moved a two hour drive from Ferdinando's nearly 30 years ago and we still go back for more; you can never get enough!! Once you get a bite of one, you too will be hooked so remember to bring a few home for later :)

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

Been here a couple times most recently with my girlfriend i as always had the sausage parm hero which was exquisite.she had the linguini and clam sauce and was floored with food and ambiance of an old school italian place