“Sausage parm”

Ferdinando's Focacceria
Ranked #308 of 5,605 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

Been here a couple times most recently with my girlfriend i as always had the sausage parm hero which was exquisite.she had the linguini and clam sauce and was floored with food and ambiance of an old school italian place

Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

Clearly not much has changed at Ferdinando's since 1904, and if it ain't broke... We went for lunch and were not disappointed! After seeing a special on a couple different travel channel programs, we knew we had to add it to the Brooklyn to-do list. The rice ball was yummy and my veal cutlet parm sandwich with fresh ricotta was wonderful, but the star was my boyfriends sausage parm sandwich! The house made sausage had amazing flavor, but the fresh bread stole the show! Crusty on the outside and warm and chewy on the inside. We followed up with a homemade cannoli that was just right. Don't miss this gem on Union St for an authentic old school experience!

Reviewed February 14, 2016

5 days of working with customers that knew Brooklyn. The last full day of work, the dealer stopped by to take the customer and myself to Ferdinando's Foocacceria. The restaurant was handed down in the family and 112 years old. We were a little late for the lunch crowd which was good on our part since we were able to get a table and enjoy a semi quiet lunch. I'm not sure of all the food that was ordered since the dealer ordered a little of everything as far as appetizers then main dishes. I had the penne, sausage, (spinach?) and light garlic sauce. Light and great taste. We had started with rice balls, which you see in the picture above. Another huge YUMMM. One of the customers had the sardine special which again was a noodle with cheese and sardines. Light, flavorful, not salty which were his words.
We had a chance to talk with the owner and wait staff about history, food, wine, etc. It was a great afternoon. Too bad we had to go back to work.
I am surprised that they are ranked only in the 130's of best restaurants in Brooklyn. Should be higher.
A NOTE YOU NEED TO READ. TAKE CASH! I got up to pay the bill before the dealer and customer grabbed the check and learned they only took cash. There is an ATM across the street.
Thanks to Ferdinando's for helping me come home with good memories of history and food. Good luck!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

I recently went here with my family for authentic Sicilian fare and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious! I loved my panelles sandwich and snuck bites from my husband's sausage parmigiana sandwich. Try everything on the menu, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 3, 2015

I grew up eating at this place.Back then teams of longshoremen would come in and eat.Now the clientele is the generations of families of those longshoremen and many Drs. and lawyers.The food is the best from panelle to potato coquettes and eggplant Parmesan.A cold manhattan special and your good to go.

1  Thank carlito w