“Amazing taste!”

Ferdinando's Focacceria
Ranked #205 of 6,662 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed February 14, 2016

5 days of working with customers that knew Brooklyn. The last full day of work, the dealer stopped by to take the customer and myself to Ferdinando's Foocacceria. The restaurant was handed down in the family and 112 years old. We were a little late for the lunch crowd which was good on our part since we were able to get a table and enjoy a semi quiet lunch. I'm not sure of all the food that was ordered since the dealer ordered a little of everything as far as appetizers then main dishes. I had the penne, sausage, (spinach?) and light garlic sauce. Light and great taste. We had started with rice balls, which you see in the picture above. Another huge YUMMM. One of the customers had the sardine special which again was a noodle with cheese and sardines. Light, flavorful, not salty which were his words.
We had a chance to talk with the owner and wait staff about history, food, wine, etc. It was a great afternoon. Too bad we had to go back to work.
I am surprised that they are ranked only in the 130's of best restaurants in Brooklyn. Should be higher.
A NOTE YOU NEED TO READ. TAKE CASH! I got up to pay the bill before the dealer and customer grabbed the check and learned they only took cash. There is an ATM across the street.
Thanks to Ferdinando's for helping me come home with good memories of history and food. Good luck!

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed February 8, 2016

I recently went here with my family for authentic Sicilian fare and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious! I loved my panelles sandwich and snuck bites from my husband's sausage parmigiana sandwich. Try everything on the menu, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed November 3, 2015

I grew up eating at this place.Back then teams of longshoremen would come in and eat.Now the clientele is the generations of families of those longshoremen and many Drs. and lawyers.The food is the best from panelle to potato coquettes and eggplant Parmesan.A cold manhattan special and your good to go.

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank carlito w
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Ferdinando's was established in 1904. It appears to have the original tin ceiling, tile floor and ceramic accent tiles. Appetizer menu is a extensive and entree selection is large. Food is delicious, service excellent and wine and food reasonably priced. Highly recommend. An unusual entree is pasta con sarde, a Sicilian house specialty, and very, very good.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank SuzyQu15
Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

OMG absolutely amazing stuffed calamari is a must have great place for lunch never there for dinner but it's on my bucket list to Troy

Date of visit: October 2015