“Small But Wonderful”
Review of Buttermilk Channel

Buttermilk Channel
Reserve with OpenTable
Buttermilk Channel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 5,532 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Buttermilk Channel is a very small establishment. It has a real local neighborhood feel to it.It's vibrant and energetic without being so loud that you can't have a conversation. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations for 2 people (I think only parties of 5 or larger). However, we stood by the bar until a spot opened up. The bartender was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful in answering our food and drink questions. She also made some great suggestions. Just the snack menu alone was a feast - we tried each one listed. Then we moved on to appetizers of which we ordered quite a few. In the end, we never made it to the entrees because we were stuffed. The menu is intriguing and innovative. Both the pickles and the bacon are made in-house and taste like it. I guess we'll have to go back and leave room for entrees next time. I really want to try the duck meatloaf! And the prices aren't Manhattan prices. Our bill was under $100 for all that food and drink!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had an amazing waiter who walked us through the night's specials and made us really want to try everything in the kitchen! He made great suggestions on wine and the starter sweet rolls were amazing.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant lives up to it's name. Alas I had brunch there and chicken and waffles is only on the dinner menu I believe. However I had pancakes and tried some of the buttermilk biscuits. I was carb loading at Sunday brunch for a long day of exploring NYC. If you like the richness of butter everything (which I do being southern) then this is the place for you. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait to be seated, it was only about 30 minutes. Staff is super friendly and gave us water while we waited. They are only allowed to serve alcohol on Sunday after noon so wait until then if you need bloody mary or mimosa to start the day.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The food contained too much egg biscuits tasted raw the food was ok not amazing like
People were saying ... The service was in fact outstanding I wouldn't recommend sorry

1  Thank Carlanmcd
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The buttermilk fried chicken was very reminiscent of home in Georgia. The waffles were some of the best I've had, and the homemade maple syrup set it all off. The service was impeccable, and the complimentary pecan pie sundae was delicious.