“Delightful intimate dining experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Brooklyn NY
“Delightful intimate dining experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have loved dining at this charming, intimate restaurant since the day it opened. The personable chef/owner is always on hand for friendly conversation. The food is delicious. The fish is fresh. There are always wonderful choices. With restaurant wine prices so high these days, the BYOB policy is definitely a plus.

• Visited June 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“French dissapoitment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were very excited about trying this place because of the reviews. Restaurant was extremely hot cause the place is extremely tight if you are claustrophobic this is not your place, the menus are in the walls written very small and almost impossible to read we have to go online to read it. We had the fried oysters and they were just ok bland no taste, my husband had the branzino fresh but nothing special and I got the ciopino was ok but if you hungry this will luke like an appetizer. The only out of the ordinary and really delicious was the olive oil with the bread. We will not be back.

Brooklyn, New York
“Best Fish Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This cozy and casual restaurant, in Brooklyn, is one of the best Fish dishes ever.
Is all about the Provencale fish experience, with delicious seafood, whole grilled branzino fish, cioppino with an amazing suculent wine broth to lick your fingers.
And much more divine dishes.
Try the famous fried oysters with the spicy mustard dash on the side.
Best of all, is that you bring your wine!
Friendly staff and when the owner, Neil Ganic, is in the kitchen, you are in for a culinary experience.
I highly recomend this spot!
And when you are done dining, check out the corner bar Flying Lobster, with great atmosphere, serving great wine and beer.
And saturday nite they have live jazz band!

New York City, New York
“One of the best deals in Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Why? Besides the excellent food, BYOB! It's easy to overlook just how much a decent bottle of wine purchased at restaurant prices can empty your wallet. I'm particular about my wines so I have my own small "cellar". Being able to bring a bottle or two to a restaurant can save me fifty bucks or more off the tab.

I've been to Petite several times and will endorse all the positive comments here about its usual fare. I've got nothing to add to it. However last week, the hostess said they had swordfish steak as a special. That was my all-time favorite food as a kid so I had to order it. Together with fried oysters, it describes at least five of my childhood birthday dinners. Along with our bottle of La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi 2006, I was in heaven. Alas, no German chocolate cake at Petite though, but I would have needed 62 candles anyway.

I've been dining in chef Neil Ganic's restaurants since 1993 and the original La Bouillabaisse on Atlantic Avenue. I've eaten at least 50 meals in his various establishments and he has never used anything other than fresh seafood delivered that day, including live lobsters. That's one of the reasons why Petite keeps bringing me back. Six large (they aren't small at all) oysters for $12 is a steal in this part of Brooklyn too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
NYC
“Birthday girl made the right choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We would recommend this restaurant and will definitely return. Went early saturday and made our selections then relaxed with our wine, bread and dip. Totally enjoyed my corn and crab chowder then the scallops entree. Because the restaurant filled up soon after, we waited a bit ...no prob. as the wait staff and Neil came and advised us. Other 3 cleared their plates then coffee and fruit tart. We were not rushed as more customers arrived. Neil came by to advise of live jazz in the other part of the bldg. and glasses of wine (on him). The band was very youthful and kept our feet tapping.
Will definitely return to try other items on the menu.