“great ambience tasty food”
Review of Baluchi's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Place is very quaint. good food and great service.if you have food sensitivities be careful because my sister got very sick after eating there. she is not used to the mix of so many spices.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We usually get take-out dinners and find the food to be delicious. It is not overly spicy for the American palate. The restaurant has a pleasant ambiance.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Indian food is near the top of my list of cuisines. There are only a few places that serve food that is tasty and well prepared...this is not one of them. Baluchi's is another among a large number of Indian restaurants that offer very standard fare, with no real standout selections. I went with a party of 8 people. We ordered appetizers and dinners. Of the foods that I sampled, none could be called special in any way. Beside food, the service is pleasant and prompt and the restaurant is comfortable.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

On my tour of the Park Slope restaurant scene, I was advised that this small chain of restaurtants was decent and the Park Slope location was one of the better locations. The service was good, the outdoor seating nicely done and welcome on a hot night but the food was a little disappointing. I enjoy Indian food for the nuances and subtleties that are present, even with blisteringly hot dishes (and be forwarned - their vindaloo is REALLY hot) and it was not there. Next time I want Indian food, I will go into Manhattan to the Murray Hill area where there are a plethora of terrific Indians.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visited Baluchi's Restaurant in Park Slope with friends during "Dine-In Brooklyn Week" Since then I have dined there 3 times... I have gone for lunch which is 50% off during the week and twice for dinner. The restaurant has a more intimate feel during the dinner hours with the candles and dim lighting. The service is good. The food is freshly prepared and Extremely Tasty. I would definately recommend this restaurant to anyone. Indian food is my new addiction.