“Yum”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Service was great, prices were very reasonable and the food was not greasy and excellent! We will go back!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food was very good and fresh. The lamb adena was excellent and so was the salmon kabob. A little on the pricy side, but a good place if you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I’ve recently been to Turkey and was longing for Turkish food when a friend suggested Deniz. The food there was a delight. While the ambiance is more like a diner than a formal restaurant, the food was excellent - I had the best tasting and most tender lamb that I can recall in any NYC restaurant on a wonderful smoked eggplant and yoghurt bed. My friend was equally enthusiastic about her chicken dish.
The prices are very, very reasonable (almost cheap) and the service was attentive and prompt.
It is a super place (note that it is informal) to go for a meal before a BAM event - just two blocks away and far superior to the BAM café, both in terms of taste and price. I will continue to recommend it to friends - some of whom already knew about it and liked it too.

1  Thank brooklynred
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had lunch here with a co-worker today. They have a $10.95 weekday lunch special that includes a choice of main course and salad. The lunch menu also has a selection of wraps.

On a prior visit, I chose the Lamb Adana (which only appears on the lunch menu) as part of the lunch special. Today, I just had a "lamb shish wrap" ($8 on the lunch menu) and a diet coke ($2.50).

Both times, the food was average, at best. Certainly nothing to get exited about, although my co-worker would disagree. (She thinks very highly of Deniz' food.)

The interior is large with a brick wall on one side and the rest painted dark orange. I might have said they have a nice ambiance except for the noise level. There were a lot of customers both times I lunched here and the place was very noisy. My co-worker and I sometimes had to shout at each other to be heard.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect from Turkish food. It was delightful. We started with an order of hummus, which was creamy, satisfying and a generous portion for three to share. My companions raved about their seafood entrees. I had a lamb saute in a dark, rich gravy that I'm still dreaming about. We had a show at the theater, which is 5 minutes from Deniz's door. We'll be back.

1  Thank beadil