“Great choice!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Miller Place, New York
“Great choice!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This was a great choice for atmosphere and food. My daughter and I both had the burgers which way perfectly cooked and delicious. They had an extra special flavor with harissa mayo that was just the right touch of spiciness. They came with fresh-cut fries. My daughter had the truffle fries which were extra special. The restaurant is packed with every table full. It is situated by a lovely park and afterwards we took a nice stroll. Again good choice, tasty food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, Delaware
“I Dream about this food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Where should I begin, I love everything! The ricotta pancakes are delicious, the burger with pineapple and beets is amazing, the eggs are fluffy and the ricotta appetizer is mouth watering. They have outside seating, but expect to have a long wait bc the place is small.

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious brunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

For more reviews, visit my blog at ms-skinnyfat

The New Yorker weekend begins in hipster enclave Williamsburg NYC with a quintessential hipster brunch. Or if you are the free spirited artist, that's how you begin every morning. Five Leaves is where i'd be headed to for a great start to the day. This small neighborhood spot draws the crowd from Manhattan and the wait could go up to 1.5h easily. Some interesting history with this one- it was opened with the backing of the late Heath Ledger in 2009 (he died before the cafe bar was opened).

We waited for a bit despite it being a weekday but was rewarded with the smell of strong brews and delicious breakfast food when we stepped into the cosy cafe bar. Expect refined Australian comfort food (very similar to NYC comfort food) made from fresh, organic, sustainable, locally sourced products. Of course it has to be, it's hipster.

The brews are made with Wandering Goat Coffee Co. beans from Eugene, Oregon, a small specialty coffee roaster. The huge and strong cuppa, which was served promptly, made my eyes light up at once.

Wanting the best of all worlds, I ordered the Big Breakkie ($13) which came with 2 eggs of my choice (organic, free range), hash browns, whole wheat toast and choice of 2 sides. I choice my favorite avocado and gave the thick cut bacon a go. This was perfection on a plate. Beautifully folded scrambled egg that looked like a yellow rose in full bloom, addictive home made hash browns that were the best i've tasted and bacon steak (not crisps)! As much as i wanted to finish it all, i could hardly get through half the American sized portion!

S had the Ricotta Pancakes ($13) with honeycomb butter, banana, blueberries, strawberries served with 100% maple syrup. This dish is so absolutely decadent! Plump fluffy disks of batter complemented by that ZOMFG honeycomb butter. Nothing in Singers is comparable to this stack of heaven. We only managed 1.5 pancakes between the 2 of us!

There's quite a fair selection of healthier eats like fruit salad, house made granola toasted perfectly, muesli and oats. Breakfast is served till past noon. Those looking for something more substantial, word is that the Five Leaves Burger ($15) is so insanely wicked. Packed with grass-fed beef, house pickled beets, harissa mayo and sunny up egg, it is impossibly hard to tackle even with bear paws but that hasn't stop anyone from trying.

Come nightfall, hit the bar with oysters served w/ rice wine mignonette ($15 for half doz) and all sorts of alcoholic concoction. Five Leaves open till 1am daily so your cravings will be satisfied anytime.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ms-skinnyfat
Stockholm
“Cool spot”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

When you’re the last one on the block without a tattoo, you become the conspicuous one. You got to be brave. This is Brooklyn.
Everyone I know loves this place. And I can see a lot of reasons why.Brooklyn fare. It's cute, has great atmosphere, an interesting story, and great ambiance. This time only for soup and some wines..got to come back.

• Visited March 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“BEST PANCAKES EVER”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I know that sounds silly but my daughter and I trekked across NY and would do it again to eat these pancakes. I wish I had a photo- the 3 stack was at least 4 inches tall with fresh blueberries, bananas, and strawberries. On the top of the stack was a dollop of honeycomb butter. Did I say these were the BEST PANCAKES EVER?! The service was great-waiter was prompt and attentive. We were there on a Sunday morning, arrived about 8:15 (right after they opened)...Good decision, as soon everyone from the neighborhood descended upon the place. BTW, you could share these pancakes, but WHY?

Visited March 2014