“Great burger, love the cocktails, good crowd, hot bartenders”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Five Leaves

Five Leaves
Ranked #10 of 5,322 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Great burger, love the cocktails, good crowd, hot bartenders”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like being served by unconventionally beautiful young Brooklyn folks and eating amongst the same type, come here. Burger was good with truffle fries. Lamb shepherds pie was just gorgeous and comforting and real homecooking in style. The ricotta stole the show with the fruit toast accompaniment. Liked the cocktail list. Like the atmosphere. Have been several times and always have to queue. Be prepared to bang elbows with your dining neighbours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I grew up in Brooklyn and was skeptical about heading to this restaurant in Williamsburg/Greenpoint section. When I lived there, it was a rough part of town. Now it is on the edge, trendy, hip and apparently the place to be.

Now to the restaurant. Went for Sunday morning breakfast and the my wife and I shared the pancakes with fresh fruit. The ricotta pancakes were simply the best that we ever had. Now only were they delicious, the two of us could not even finish them. We also had fresh squeezed OJ, which was superb.

The restaurant was buzzing with people and all tables were filled (inside and outside). The crowd was a combination of local families (some with young children) and the early 20's crowd. Very tight seating arrangements but that seems to help with the vibe.

All good and I am so happy to see this part of Brooklyn making a comeback. Will be back for sure.

1 Thank eppyhow
London, United Kingdom
“The best place in Williamsburg - I go back here every time I visit NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This really is the business. It does get busy, but it's worth the wait.
Great food, great cocktails, great service, great great great.
Great.

Bogota, Colombia
“If you’re looking for a brunch place in Greenpoint, look no further ;)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I almost want to tell you that this place is terrible and to stay away so that it won’t get overly crowded on the weekends, but I don’t want to be selfish. This corner restaurant has ‘brilliant’ written all over it. The décor is simple, vintage-looking, cozy, and the tables are beautifully decorated with wildflowers inside mason-like jars. The service is attentive. I have to admit, I’ve only had dinner once here, and it was pretty good. I have visited the place a couple of times for brunch, and it’s amazing. I love the menu, because they offer a limited amount of dishes, all sound gourmet, but have that comfort food-taste to it. From the options that I have tried, I strongly recommend the Moroccan Scramble. It’s an egg omelet, with grinded merguez sausage (combination of both lamb and beef), topped with spicy chickpeas, above a bed of avocado, and all served over a loaf of sour dough bread. Do not miss this place if you’re around the area!

“Never disappoints!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been here several times while visiting my friend in Brooklyn, the food never disappoints! I usually order the BLAT (bacon, lettuce, AVOCADO!, and tomato) and my friend orders the ricotta pancakes! Both are fantastic! The BLAT has a cumin-lime mayo on it which is to die for. I always try to replicate this when I make them at home! And for not being a pancake person, I always end up eating off my friend's plate because the pancakes are insanely good and topped with tons of fruit.

Brunching on weekends here can definitely be quite a wait but if the weather's nice you can stand outside and people watch, always interesting. Definitely one of my favorite brunches in Brooklyn and I always beg to go when I'm visiting.

• Visited August 2013