“Great local spot”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great local spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were frequent visitors to Five Leaves when we lived in Greenpoint. Next to Peter Pan doughnuts & Lomzianka (sp?) it's probably my favorite spot for food in the area. The flash fried oyster app is always great, the oysters are tender & sweet, the fry batter is light and perfectly seasoned. As good as the menu is, I'm not gonna lie, I usually go for the burger. I'm a burger fiend and this guy is one of the best I've ever had. You have to get it fully set up with the pickled beet & fried egg on top -- holy man I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. The fries are thick & delicious as well. Just beware, it's a busy place and not very big, so you may want to arrive early to avoid a long wait. Also, the only true negative is their use of very uncomfortable metal folding chairs. I mean, what gives?

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Amazing brunch!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went there for brunch with the family and the food was exquisite. The Moroccan Scramble is very tasty and the ricotta pancakes are delicious! I

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer_Decamps
santa barbara
“The Very Essence of Brooklyn's Renaissance!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Located in the heart of the North side of Williamsburg. this indoor/outdoor cafe seems to capture the very essence of what makes this part of Brooklyn so invigorating and interesting. Very good food, very well prepared in larger than necessary portions coupled with an excellent and well priced wine list, and well prepared and sophisticated cocktails. We had a light breakfast, and enjoyed the food and the ambiance so much, we decided we had to go back for dinner on our last night in Brooklyn---and we had a wonderful dining experience! Five Leaves really has its act together in every respect----wish we had a Five Leaves in Santa Barbara!

• Visited August 2012
Turin, Italy
“Dining among the coolest”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Bella serata! The food is not the most important issue of this place, as italian I had not palatal sensation to remember.
But all what is around is cool: people, things, interiors design.
Dining beside some almost famous actors, NY's fascinating way of stay together and eat.
A place to visit. The food? New York ordinary food.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great place for a relaxing brunch”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I visited Five Leaves after finding several great reviews of it online. My friend and I arrived for Sunday brunch around 9:30, and while there were no tables available right away, we were offered a spot at the bar...fine with us! The barista was fantastic, and made the best iced mocha I had during my entire trip to NYC (and I had at least 6 of them over a weekend... all at different, non-chain cafes). The food came out quickly and was delicious. I ordered the ricotta pancakes, which were served with maple butter and fresh fruit. Way more than I needed, but I ate almost all of it ecause it was so good. My friend ordered the homemade granola, which was served with yogurt and fruit, and she said it was quite tasty. About $25 for the two of us, including a coffee drink each. We were staying in Brooklyn and it was an easy walk for us, but I would recommend this place to anyone visiting NYC, even if it means taking a subway ride away from the city.

Hint: by the time we left a little after 10, there was quite a line starting to form outside, so either arrive early, or be prepared to wait a bit. Totally worth it though, I promise!

• Visited September 2012