“Great pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was skeptical when I saw Roberta's from the outside - the area seemed dead and the building run down - until I went inside. Roberta's is a charming pizza joint with great food and a great atmosphere. The wait was about an hour when we went (on a Monday night) but there's both an indoor bar and a heated tent where you can wait over a few drinks. The wait was definitely worth it - best pizza in NYC!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been told that the best pizzas in NYC were served at Roberta's, so I had to try it and I can say it indeed was one of my best foodie experiences I had so far ! The place is located in Bushwick area, Brooklyn, precisely close to Morgan avenue metro station. The entrance is very discrete, a simple door , so pay attention not to miss it ! Roberta's has become very trendy and thus it is always crowded. I recommend that you come before 7:00pm or else you have to sign up in the waiting list (I had to wait for one hour and a half on a saturday night). The waiters are very busy but the service is efficient and quick. The menu is rather traditional but the pizzas all have a hint of originality. I had the pepperoni and honey one and the taste was unforgettable ! The prices are reasonable for NYC standards, it's not cheap but the quality of the food justifies it. The atmosphere is casual and would be more appropriate to a dinner with friends rather than a romantic dinner. Definitely a place not to miss while you are in the city !

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent appetizers, pizza & draft beer. Visited with my wife, son & his girlfriend. Easy to get to by subway from Manhattan. Attentive & quick service for a packed place. Great! Will go back next year!!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

One of the best pizzas I've had in a long time. Nice pizza options. We also shared a fantastic salad with apples and chicory I think. Cool atmosphere. Very convenient to one of the subway stops, maybe 1 or 2 blocks away. I understand that the place is very popular and there can be long waits. People should know that there is not much else around. So, if you don't want to wait, go early.

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a long layover at JFK and decided to hit up Roberta for some fresh pies before heading to Europe. I hopped on a taxi (big mistake) and 45 mins later I was dropped off at this industrial neighborhood staring at a building that looks like an abandon warehouse and bear no resemblance to a restaurant.

Inside that door is a complete different world. The decor was rustic and cozy. I was seated at the covered patio and the sunlight was very inviting. Ordered two pizzas off their simple menu and loved both. The crust was crisp yet chewy. The toppings were made of quality ingredients and the flavors were great.

Roberta's pizzas are worthy of the $50 taxi ride.